MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 18 June 2009, 15:45
therion_339
Just call me: therion_339

Indjija
Serbia
Lightbulb Hi everybody - Indjija, Serbia

Hey, im new here, my name is Luka, im an architecture student, living in Novi Sad, Serbia, i attended a "Computer electronics and programing" high school, but even though i ended up here i still try to keep this a active hoby...
Last summer i started building a CNC machine, pretty much from scrap i could find, bits and pieces of hardware, but after the finals this year i've decided to try and finish the job. I googled a bit, and found this awesome forum, didn't realize there were so many people interested in making this. Anyhow, im not at my workshop now, thats about 50km away, but i'll upload a few pics these days, just got the Z axis complete, its got a 30 000rpm Milling Head, for wood mainly. I whould very much appreciate some general advice, in terms of the general project, if there are some basic rulez about the work size, the machine components, where i could order a good electronic kit, etc.
Sry again about the lack of pic's and plans, will get to work on that asap.

Thanx in advance!
Old Sun 21 June 2009, 03:02
therion_339

Indjija
Serbia
Yeah, and could comeone please recomend a complete cnc elctronics kit, of ebay or somewhere, because im not shure about the limit switch imputs on these that i found...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Cnc-Mill-3-axis-...3%3A1|294%3A50
Old Sun 21 June 2009, 03:17
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Luka, it looks like you are not thinking of building a full-sized MechMate and therefore you should not be at this forum. Suggest that you try http://www.cnczone.com/forums/index.php instead.
Old Sun 21 June 2009, 04:05
therion_339

Indjija
Serbia
Yeah, i'm trying to build a custom cnc, not anything specific :/ Didn't realyze this was a specific cnc tipe forum thanx 4 the link

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read