MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Miscellaneous hardware and software > Miscellaneous / General / Whatever / Catchall
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 18 May 2009, 00:00
cvriv.charles
Just call me: charles

New Jersey
United States of America
Copied from Welding thread:

Will do But I am going to have to wait to do this though. The house in which my girlfriend and I are renting is not a good place for this kind of stuff. I would rather wait till I get my house with a garage.

We have actually been loking but have had ZERO luck. Dont get mean wrong here,... we found several houses we put in a bid for but something shady is going on with the listing agents. Everytime we put in a bid, somethings along the lines of the house is already in contract is fed to us. But the house is still listed and it's not marked in any way of that being the current situation. Our real estate agent is pissed! 3 houses we wanted. The first house was great but it was only the first of few houses we saw. So we decided to keep looking just in case. We found a better. So we went for that house and during the process the first house went into contract so our realator was told. So we were like fine. But then we get crappy news about something going on with the house we were trying to get. something very shady. mixed info and all. so we lost that house. Then a 3rd house came along. We met the owner, a very nice guy. Showed us around and everything. he even joked "so are we sold?". We decied we wanted that house and put in a bid for what he was asking! Same day we get the news that the owner got more than what he wanted and is getting it in cash, contract signed. The owner seemed oblivious to that because he was acting as if he wasn't doing all that great with selling it. I dont get it. So we have to wait more.

but thats more time for me to figure all this out. sorry for the rant. I am extremely stressed. Probably why I havent been able to think for @#$% lately.
Old Tue 19 May 2009, 11:10
WTI
Just call me: James

Detroit (Michigan)
United States of America
Don't get stressed, get a more experienced real estate agent!

If a house is in demand, it is normal for several people to put an offer on it.

The highest offer usually wins, but a CASH offer could trump all others because there is no waiting 4 weeks only to learn that the buyer could not get a mortgage.

If you really like the property and others are making offers also, you may have to bid over the initial asking price.

An experienced real estate agent will know that a property is "hot" when he calls the listing agent's office for the appointment. He will tell you that other buyers are preparing offers. You usually want to avoid agents who are part time, or sell insurance also.
Old Wed 20 May 2009, 01:18
cvriv.charles

New Jersey
United States of America
I know a lot of that already. The listing agent is giving my agent the run around. My agent even called the owners to make an appointment to see the houses. The owners are like yeaaa sure come on over and see it. My agent asked if the houses were still available/ did they sign a contract. They all said no. Whatever.

We just found out the first house we wanted is available. We put in an offer and the owner accepted it. We're going through the process of finalizing. I hope we get it.
Old Wed 20 May 2009, 22:15
cvriv.charles

New Jersey
United States of America
We're in attorney review. My new shop awaits me,...

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read