MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 25 August 2017, 08:14
almaz
Just call me: almaz

osh
Kyrgyzstan
Привет вам из солнечного Кыргызстана )

!извините что пишу на русском, так как с английским у меня слабо!
Хочу сказать всем ПРИВЕТ )
Я новичок в этом сайте, и я случайно нашел этот сайт который я так долго искал ) Хотелось бы сказать огромное спасибо создателю сайта и их коллегам, друзьям и форумчанам за ваш огромный труд и вклад ваших знаний в этот сайт!!!
Меня зовут Алмаз и я живу в Кыргызстане (страна Kyrgyzstan). По профессии художник-дизайнер, мечтаю или вернее собираюсь собрать ЧПУ станок с вашей помощью )
ПОМОГИТЕ СОБРАТЬ ММ Mechmate станок)!
мне нужны чертежи, благодарен всем и спасибо за понимание!
Old Fri 25 August 2017, 10:20
ifffff
Just call me: Ivo #38 & #130

Parnu
Estonia
https://translate.google.com/
Old Fri 25 August 2017, 10:43
almaz
Just call me: almaz

osh
Kyrgyzstan
Greetings to you from sunny Kyrgyzstan)

I'm sorry that I'm writing in Russian, since I'm weak with English!
I want to say to all HELLO)
I'm new to this site, and I accidentally found this site that I've been looking for so long) I would like to say a huge thank you to the creator of the site and their colleagues, friends and forum users for your great work and the contribution of your knowledge to this site !!!
My name is Almaz and I live in Kyrgyzstan (country Kyrgyzstan). By profession, an artist-designer, I dream or rather I am going to assemble a CNC machine with your help)
HELP TO COLLECT MM Mechmate Machine)!
I need drawings, thank you all and thank you for understanding!
Old Fri 25 August 2017, 11:58
kaartman
Just call me: Koning #20

Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
Hello ! Welcome to the Mechmate World Almaz, here are allot if information in the forum pages and many people with exprience that wil help you. Welcome once again
Old Fri 25 August 2017, 18:27
jhiggins7
Just call me: John #26

Hebron, Ohio
United States of America
Welcome Almaz. People from all over the world have built MechMates. Good luck on your build.
Old Sat 26 August 2017, 06:36
servant74
Just call me: Jack

Nashville (Tennessee)
United States of America
Welcome Almaz!
Old Sun 27 August 2017, 05:54
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Welcome aboard!!
Old Mon 28 August 2017, 05:09
khouji
Just call me: khouji

New Jersey
United States of America
Welcome!
Old Thu 31 August 2017, 05:52
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Nikolay , I will disagree with your comment. MechMate is a great commercial production machine for the money. If you have the time, building a MechMate will give you a CNC machine that you can run and repair yourself as needed. Many on this forum run their machines in production without issue. Thx
Old Thu 31 August 2017, 07:05
ifffff

Parnu
Estonia
Well... i disagree too. I have had my Mechmate from year 2009. On 8 years has been that CNC everyday ( sometimes 24/7 continiusly on 3 shifts running) hard workhorse. No major errors are happened on that time, i have only changed 4 sets spindle bearings , two sets gear pinions, two sets reduction belts and over 3 month gearbox bearings (they are dimensioned too weak).

I suggest to do - forget original spider Z axis design and use linear bearing design on Z axis, and go for rectangular steel instead of C-channel. Base will be more solid.

V rails have positive and negative sides. Negative is of course inaccuracy, but they have accurate enough to cut wooden stuff. Positive is that they are absolute mainentance free and self cleaning. Do yo think that linear bearings are backlash free? Let your CNC run hardly couple of years and measure

On that build what is linked i see one big problem. Linear rails are mounted directly on surface. They should be on groove (look at my thread) One machine error - lets say one of gantry motors are stalling, or reduction belt broke etc... and linear rails are bent away from their position.

Last edited by ifffff; Thu 31 August 2017 at 07:24..
Old Thu 31 August 2017, 07:07
kaartman
Just call me: Koning #20

Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
Oh Nikolay, I am sad to hear your build in 2012 did not bring happiness, why and what went wrong, what is the material you worked with and how much in mm was the cuts out of accuracy I would like to learn from your experience. What did you do with the Mechmate after you build it, please start a build thread and show us some pictures if you dont mind. Maybe I was lucky when i build my Mechmate because today it is very accurate for all the routing i do mostly in wood.
Old Thu 31 August 2017, 22:50
ifffff

Parnu
Estonia
As i said, this design is very poor. Problem isnt on spider but on design overall.As you mentioned, plate 10 40 330 isnt rigid enough. Then it must be very accurate milled to get it moving without jamming or backlash. V bearings having on axial direction some backlash. etc etc.
Old Fri 01 September 2017, 01:29
ifffff

Parnu
Estonia
Dedicated motion controller is good upgrade. But definitively use breakout boards with interchangeable optoisolators. Its cheaper to change optoisolators then whole electronic.
Old Fri 01 September 2017, 11:10
gixi
Just call me: Marius (AVO) #32

Bucharest
Romania
Send a message via Yahoo to gixi
Ivo you are 100 % right. My MM is still in use and I don't major issues . Tubular frame is a must. For example in my new project I use square pipe 120x120x6 and a lot of welding. That was the moment when I ask for help... Because during the welding process if you're russhing everything goes wrong. To many bolts for the frame it does not give enough rigidity. Take a look at my new frame.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FRAME s.jpg (89.4 KB, 112 views)
Old Sun 03 September 2017, 04:54
ifffff

Parnu
Estonia
What kind of help you are asking? Some advices. Weld tube end caps, double the amount of table cross bearers. Are linear rails installed directly on tube? Read this, page 11 and onwards http://www.hiwin.com/pdf/linear_guideways.pdf . Rails and carriages should be installed on groove, or against shoulder. But before installing you need straight surface. Cheaper way is pouring it with epoxy, more expensive, but better way is milling.

Last edited by ifffff; Sun 03 September 2017 at 04:57..
Old Mon 04 September 2017, 05:05
gixi

Bucharest
Romania
Thank you but I call a friend of mine who finish all weldinds. Now I will use a lot of shims for the rail. But the ideea was to avoid screws for the frame.
Old Mon 04 September 2017, 05:29
gixi

Bucharest
Romania
Thank you but I get all the help when I finish the weldings. But what I want to say is that everybody should avoid to use to many screws for the frame construction.
Regarding the V rails: these are good if the machine is used only for cutting, drilling or some 3d stuff but try cutting with a profiled router bit a kitchen cabinet door. Not so good...
Old Mon 04 September 2017, 05:43
ifffff

Parnu
Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixi View Post
Thank you but I call a friend of mine who finish all weldinds. Now I will use a lot of shims for the rail. But the ideea was to avoid screws for the frame.
As i mentioned earlier, without grooves or supporting shoulder are rails on their place untill first gantry driving error. And how you are compensating with shims inclined tubes?
Old Mon 04 September 2017, 06:00
gixi

Bucharest
Romania
Yes. A lot of shims...

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read