MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Archives
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Mon 14 June 2010, 06:40
andrewuk
Just call me: Andrew

leeds
United Kingdom
UI Robot uim24104

just to let anyone interested in UIM24104 Stepper drivers you may want to buy before you get a distributor in your country as i was told i need to go through zap in the uk http://www.slidesandballscrews.com/u...ml?cPath=44_98
I know everyone needs to make a profit but £135.00 or $199.00 + vat is a little greedy in my opinion and makes the driver a non starter for uk buyers
Old Mon 14 June 2010, 06:59
Zapp Automation
Just call me: Gary

Poole
United Kingdom
This driver is a single axis driver with controller built in, that accepts instructions over an RS232 bus.
For CNC you will need the version that accepts clock and direction, and that is not as expensive.
We are not being greedy, infact we are one of the lowest cost suppliers in the UK.
We are selling based on a distributor price, and the price takes into account the cost of supporting the product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewuk View Post
just to let anyone interested in UIM24104 Stepper drivers you may want to buy before you get a distributor in your country as i was told i need to go through zap in the uk http://www.slidesandballscrews.com/u...ml?cPath=44_98
I know everyone needs to make a profit but £135.00 or $199.00 + vat is a little greedy in my opinion and makes the driver a non starter for uk buyers
Old Mon 14 June 2010, 11:39
wintersgillg
Just call me: Graham

Glasgow
United Kingdom
The drivers that Klobus used were these ones the UIM24004:
http://www.slidesandballscrews.com/u...ml?cPath=44_97
Which are priced at 53.00 GBP plus VAT compared to about 48 dollars which is not to bad.

Graham
Old Mon 14 June 2010, 12:16
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
Correct and there is a big difference between the two...Just like in my name...Kobus vs Klobus
Old Mon 14 June 2010, 12:42
wintersgillg
Just call me: Graham

Glasgow
United Kingdom
Ooops - my apologies.

Graham
Old Mon 14 June 2010, 14:56
andrewuk

leeds
United Kingdom
Oops wrong driver I think I owe zap a apology. so anyone unlucky enough not to have a distributor in your country then try zap whose prices on UIM24004 drivers are reasonable
Old Wed 16 June 2010, 07:53
andrewuk

leeds
United Kingdom
Tiger, this is just an idea maybe if you could let distributors purchase the drivers at the higher volume price. They could then pass on the savings and this may lead to distributors eventually being able to order more units from yourself. And only sell direct to country's with no distributor.
Old Tue 29 June 2010, 20:22
uirobot
Just call me: robotdigg

Shanghai
China
Send a message via MSN to uirobot Send a message via Yahoo to uirobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewuk View Post
Tiger, this is just an idea maybe if you could let distributors purchase the drivers at the higher volume price. They could then pass on the savings and this may lead to distributors eventually being able to order more units from yourself. And only sell direct to country's with no distributor.
Yeah, Andrew we give large volume price to our distributors. After about 500pcs(depends on different countries and areas) sales, we are glad to have an agreement on that.
Closed Thread

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read