MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 06 June 2011, 01:28
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald D View Post
If you want to modify the hardware a little, you have to wait a year for the warranty to expire
This is unbearably painful!!!
Old Sat 11 June 2011, 22:50
lumberjack_jeff
Just call me: Jeff #31

Montesano, WA
United States of America
Quote:
Originally Posted by servant74 View Post
If you did it over, would you go with the laminated beams again?
When I built my MechMate, I didn't have anything more than a vague idea of how to make money with it. If I had to do it again from that starting point, I'd still do it as cheaply as possible with available materials. In my case, that meant large solid timbers that I had on hand. It's been very serviceable.

That said, now that I know more about what I'm doing (and have a solid business plan for it) my next machine will be all steel.

The one thing that I didn't mention previously, partly because it isn't a problem for the work I do, is that a wooden table grows and shrinks with the climate. The way this is designed, it isn't a problem for X and Y axes, but it does manifest on Z. When I surface my table, it rarely takes off the same amount in the middle as it does on the ends - due to the movement of the wooden crossmembers supporting the spoilboard.

As for the rest of your point, most of us don't have a instant revenue stream associated with a machine. In that case, the time spent building can also be used to develop a business plan.
Old Sat 17 September 2011, 20:47
cornbinder23
Just call me: JT

Lynden, Wa.
United States of America
It was nice to meet you at the wooden boat festival Jeff.
You had a very nice booth set-up and display
I am building a little rubens nymph for my son this weekend, he is very interested in learning how to sail so this is an inexpensive entry for him, he is also enjoying helping with the build as well
I got a great deal on some epoxy and supplies at the show so I am staying busy now

Jayson
Old Thu 22 September 2011, 21:17
lumberjack_jeff
Just call me: Jeff #31

Montesano, WA
United States of America
Thanks Jayson, I hope you enjoyed the show as much as we did. The weather and the company were both outstanding.

Bolger was one of the best designers ever, post photos of your progress!

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read