MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Miscellaneous hardware and software > Test Area for this forum
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sun 08 March 2009, 09:23
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
This morning's roadtrip

In the vicinity of the Katbakkies Pass. The only other vehicle seen in a 1 hour period . . .

Old Sun 08 March 2009, 12:25
Alan_c
Just call me: Alan (#11)

Cape Town (Western Cape)
South Africa
Send a message via Skype™ to Alan_c
Thats a long way to go to avoid 40 000 bicycles

Never heard of the Katbakkies pass but I assume it must be in the Cedarburg looking at the terrain. Looks like it was nice weather there today, we had overcast and light rain the whole day in the valley - thankfully it has helped to control the bush fire burning for almost two weeks now.
Old Sun 08 March 2009, 12:36
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
That road is the connection between the Cedarberg and the Tankwa-Karoo: http://gannaga.lando.co.za/trips_maps.htm Excellent gravel. We left from Wolseley, not a breath of wind then.

But the south-easter has blown up a gale through the day. Only 25 000 cyclists pitched up to start, and that was delayed by an hour. Many tents collapsed. The wind has caused all the fires to flare up west of the Hottentots Holland again. Jonkershoek and Paarl mountain are ablaze. Holding thumbs that daughter's wedding venue (Rhebokskloof) will be spared.
Old Mon 09 March 2009, 12:48
hennie
Just call me: Hennie #23

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Nice drive,just to think we don`t need to travel far to see something nice.We had some fires but not as bad as on your side of the country.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read