MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Archives
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Fri 29 May 2009, 18:35
wakinyantanka
Just call me: wakinyantanka

westerville
United States of America
Stepper motor "slipping" when I turn up steps/minute

When testing the speed of my gantry my motors seem to slip. I checked my lovejoy couplings and everything is tight. The apparent slip is coming from inside the motor. When I turn the steps/minute down it stops doing it. Wondering what this is? Hoping someone here can explain.
Thanks....
Old Fri 29 May 2009, 21:13
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Hi,
Not sure where on your Mechmate you have "lovejoy" connectors. The MM uses rack an pinion drive. You also have not mentioned what type of motors you are using, as well as what drivers, voltages etc. Sorta hard to help with no information.
Old Fri 29 May 2009, 21:21
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
You are simply overloading your motor if the "slipping" is coming from inside the motor - the faster a stepper motor goes, the less torque it produces, till it gets to a point where it loses steps.

But, have you actually built a MechMate? Which motors are you using? This forum is exclusively for MechMate builders or people seriously interested in building them.
Old Sat 30 May 2009, 05:32
wakinyantanka
Just call me: wakinyantanka

westerville
United States of America
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald D View Post
You are simply overloading your motor if the "slipping" is coming from inside the motor - the faster a stepper motor goes, the less torque it produces, till it gets to a point where it loses steps.

But, have you actually built a MechMate? Which motors are you using? This forum is exclusively for MechMate builders or people seriously interested in building them.
My apologizes, I thought this was a cnc forum. I'm using a different set up.
Again sorry for posting on the wrong forum.

This thread now closed and archived
Closed Thread

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read