MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Structure & Mechanics > 10. Base Table
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 08 December 2011, 04:55
gixi
Just call me: Marius (AVO) #32

Bucharest
Romania
Send a message via Yahoo to gixi
My 4th axis

Hello guys,
Here is my design for the 4th axis. It's not complete but this week I hope that will be ready. I hope it will help somehow.
Marius
Attached Images
File Type: jpg axa 4 mic detaliu 2a.jpg (87.0 KB, 953 views)
File Type: jpg axa 4 mic ansamblu a.jpg (75.4 KB, 949 views)
File Type: jpg axa 4 mic ansamblu 2a.jpg (78.5 KB, 951 views)
Old Thu 08 December 2011, 06:45
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
A stand alone indexer ?.... You don't need Y-movement for something like this do you?
Old Thu 08 December 2011, 07:12
Alan_c
Just call me: Alan (#11)

Cape Town (Western Cape)
South Africa
Send a message via Skype™ to Alan_c
Y movement is very useful - think about using the cutter off center so you are cutting with the bottom of the cutter and not the side (wide flat bottom cutter) or if you want to do flutes with a side cutting bit that follows a curved profile down the length of the job - having all four axes work together opens up interesting posibilities.

BTW Marius interesting machine.
Old Thu 08 December 2011, 07:18
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
Maybe Alan, but with Aspire I can do wonderful things on only 3 axis. I think programming will be more intense when you want to make use of all 4 axis.
But I agree with Alan, very interesting machine...and the fact that it leaves your Mechmate free to do other work is a BIG plus...nice going Marius.
Old Thu 08 December 2011, 07:20
gixi
Just call me: Marius (AVO) #32

Bucharest
Romania
Send a message via Yahoo to gixi
Hi Kobus,
My ideea was to remove the indexer if you don't need in order to use the router normaly. When I'll use the indexer there will be another profile in Mach. Something like that will be instaled on MM. Perhaps this week I'll finish the indexer to give a try with DeskProto. I was out of the country that's why I didn't send the g code. You can use the program for free in full 30 days. The price is more than OK.
One more thing: DP is a true 4 axis program. So the all axis will work (I hope )
A nice day to all.
Old Thu 08 December 2011, 07:25
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
I did try your g-code that you send me and it looks OK. Only did a AIR-CUT.
I don't change my Mach profile as I have 5 drivers in my control box and all are wired to their steppers.
When I do indexing, all I do is use the PostProcessor in Aspire for wrapping and away I go.
When I cut x,y,z, I save my file with the normal Mach P-P and away I go.
Old Thu 08 December 2011, 22:54
acs
Just call me: Andrei

Campina
Romania
Aaaah!! now I can see them. Thanks a lot man, this is a great job.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read