MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 20 March 2008, 04:10
grandpi
Just call me: Pierre

Caussens
France
Nice to hear you again.... to share first cutting experience (next week in my case).

Bye,

Pierre.
Old Thu 27 March 2008, 12:19
Hugo Carradini
Just call me: Hugo

Pto. Ordaz
Venezuela
Hello Gerald and friends. I am having some problems that would like to ask for help . Lately when I start to cut, the control box will shut of moments later but Mach will keep running normally with out notice of failure. It will happen two or three times and then it seems to normalize for the rest of the day. ¿what should I start checking? My computer is clean of virus. Mach runs nice in the virtual form.
Thanks in advance
Old Thu 27 March 2008, 12:40
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Which part of the control box is shutting off?

Do the lights go out everywhere? On the Geckos, the PMDX 122, the PMDX 135?

Picture from earlier in this thread:
Old Thu 27 March 2008, 12:44
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
The black wire (ground - with red/blue ends) from the PMDX-122 to the plate under the Geckos should be removed.
Old Thu 27 March 2008, 12:53
Hugo Carradini

Pto. Ordaz
Venezuela
Gerald the control box just turn of. So I push back again the start button and run again. I think is the main rele. Tomorrow I will have the control box open and check again for a more precise information.
Thanks for your time.
Old Thu 27 March 2008, 12:56
Hugo Carradini

Pto. Ordaz
Venezuela
OK. I will take away the cable tomorrow and inform.
Old Thu 27 March 2008, 12:57
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
The emergency stop switches hold the relay in the ON position. If there is a loose connection, or a dirty switch, then the control box will switch off.
Old Thu 27 March 2008, 18:53
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
My first thought too Gerald....check the e-stop loop connections.
Also, you may want to check the physical contacts for shakey or loose wipers - very difficult - but when the gantry moves and the e-stops shake, you can lose a connection. New contact blocks cheap, finding the real problem - hard. I personally think Gerald's assumption is spot on. I have similar problems with the Dust Collection Contactor - start/stop switch in my shop about every 6 months due to dirt and vibration.

Good luck Hugo.
Sean
Old Thu 27 March 2008, 22:50
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Yes, contactors are not dust-proof. A little dust will settle between the contacts. No problem for the main contacts carrying the full Amps - that just burns off the dust. But the small auxiliary contacts carrying the latching/e-stop circuit have low amps going through them. However, dust in a contactor will not cause your symptoms......it does not open a contactor that has already closed. It makes a contactor difficult to switch on after a period of not using it.
Old Mon 31 March 2008, 12:18
Hugo Carradini

Pto. Ordaz
Venezuela
Hello Gerald and friends. Sorry for not answering Saturday but had to solve a couple of problems out of town.
Well , I found a lose cable in the E-Sop, so I tight it up and made a deep clean up, made some test and...... Voilaaaa, baby beast back to normality. For those of us like me that never made any electronic job before, fixing those problems with your and the rest of the guys help is a nice training that gives a lot of extra confidence.
Thanks again
Old Mon 07 April 2008, 09:40
Hugo Carradini

Pto. Ordaz
Venezuela
Hello guys.
I know you all like photos so there goes my first commercial work i made for an small airline called RUTACA. They ask me to cut their logo for installing in some doors and office entries. The owner was very pleased with the finish of the cut. I just got the skeleton of the work. I will post the letters soon when they paint them and installed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Imagen 859.jpg (91.0 KB, 1151 views)
File Type: jpg Imagen 881.jpg (83.2 KB, 1150 views)
Old Mon 07 April 2008, 10:16
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Often the scrap pieces are the most interesting!

We have people buying the scrap panels, screwing them together with hinges and making room divider/screens from them.
Old Mon 07 April 2008, 13:18
Hugo Carradini

Pto. Ordaz
Venezuela
Yes, I was thinking that some times, even the sacrifice board could be turn in an interesting and artistic panel . It is just a mater or imagination.
Old Tue 08 April 2008, 04:43
Jason Marsha
Just call me: Jason

B'Town
Barbados
Its good to see that the money is rolling in Hugo. Not sure if signs are as expensive in Venezuela as they are here in Barbados but with some more jobs like this one and your baby should have paid for itself.

Jason
Old Tue 08 April 2008, 05:25
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
If you have those jobs for 40 hours per week, you could pay your MechMate build costs in under a month.....no?
Old Tue 08 April 2008, 18:55
Hugo Carradini

Pto. Ordaz
Venezuela
Hello Jason. Nice to hear you. A lot of time has happened since your good advice about the bits I should start with. It is just like in that marvelous Island where you live. Publicity people pays ten times better then carpenters shop down here .
Gerald you are right, this machine can pay it self in very short time. I am very interested in organize an efficient cutting and engraving service.
You gave me the opportunity to build in five month the type of machine that I spend five years before trying to build. Again my deep respect for you.
Old Thu 14 August 2008, 20:58
Mcyoda
Just call me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Carradini View Post
Hugo,

What type of power supply is that with 4 large capacitors and where did you get that?
Old Thu 14 August 2008, 21:05
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
http://www.pmdx.com/PMDX-135/
Old Sat 07 April 2012, 13:49
Hugo Carradini

Pto. Ordaz
Venezuela
Hello Gerald.
After four years off silence I want to say hello again and thank you once more for the wonderful opportunity I had to build a MECHMATE under your advise and others great forum guys. I have been searching the forum once a wile, but there was so little to say that I just keep reading and learning. Compare to the new machines, I have the basic model but The Baby Beast can still handle tons of dust, electric failure etc, etc, and still gives me hours off great time. I have a friend, Guillermo that started by his own on a water jet project and knowing him and his capacities and the big help that everybody gets in this great forum he will end up with an efficient and good machine.
Well I feel like the lost son that came back, but I just want to say that the good friends even if we are not there the frienship and the respect keeps the same .
Rgards
Hugo Carradini
Old Sat 07 April 2012, 17:44
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
Great to "see" you Hugo. Bien Dia
Old Sat 07 April 2012, 19:36
Jason Marsha
Just call me: Jason

B'Town
Barbados
Hugo you have returned to us I hope that your Mechmate has kept you busy these past four years.

Great to hear from you. Post pics of your completed projects if you have any, we would love to see them.

Jason
Old Sat 07 April 2012, 23:30
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Hi Hugo! Welcome back!
Old Sun 08 April 2012, 08:03
Guillermo
Just call me: Guillermo

Puerto Ordaz
Venezuela
Hi Hugo.

This could be usefull in the kind of work you are in.

http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showt...?t=3506&page=6

Hasta la vista
Old Sun 08 April 2012, 08:44
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Welcome Back Hugo!
Old Sat 14 April 2012, 14:47
Hugo Carradini

Pto. Ordaz
Venezuela
Hello Gerald and friends.
Today after four years making and breaking the Baby Beast has grown up and moved to its new workshop more comfortable and prepared for it. After a long time reached its coming of age and it is capable of facing challenges and a variety of jobs and do well at all. Soon I will send photos of the new workshop. It is small but very comfortable. If you want to see what I've been doing lately review cdcortedigital.wordpress.com
I have not update it, but can have an idea of ​​what I'm doing.
It is not easy to do business today but fortunately my clients are growing and there are good prospects.
Regards
Old Sun 15 April 2012, 00:15
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Beautiful work in your gallery!
Old Sun 15 April 2012, 06:47
darren salyer
Just call me: Darren #101

Wentzville mo
United States of America
Incredible work.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read