MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > The Market Place
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sat 04 June 2011, 13:24
zigmart
Just call me: John #112

Phoenix, AZ
United States of America
Proximity Sensor Boards

I bit the bullet and had 3 of the Proximity Sensor Boards that Richards designed here.

As I only need 1, I will be selling the other 2, I also have the screw terminals to fit the board.

$25 shipped in the USA

John
Old Sat 04 June 2011, 19:48
JamesJ
Just call me: Jim #104 (retired)

Kansas
United States of America
PM'ed you.
Old Sat 04 June 2011, 22:59
zigmart

Phoenix, AZ
United States of America
1 left
Old Sun 05 June 2011, 16:58
aussie_mick
Just call me: Mick

Nowra
Australia
How much to send it to Australia?

Mick
Old Sun 05 June 2011, 18:49
zigmart

Phoenix, AZ
United States of America
It would be $40 including shipping to Australia.

I wont send it any other way then global priority as I have had really bad luck sending things internationally any other way.
Old Mon 06 June 2011, 15:37
aussie_mick
Just call me: Mick

Nowra
Australia
Sounds Good. I'll take the last one off your hands. Now just have to figure out how to pay for it.

I will try and PM you later to get more details if you don't PM me first.

Mick
Old Sat 18 June 2011, 11:19
JamesJ

Kansas
United States of America
FYI: I found that one of the runs on the board was incorrect and had to cut it in order to fix it. Pin 5 of U6 is connected to +5 vdc and should not be. This causes the signal for Proxy #2 to constantly be active. After correcting that I also found that U9 and it's associated AND logic would not work with my proxies (Aeco, NPN NO) that I purchased from factorymation.com. Fortunately I was able to substitute a 74LS32 TTL chip for U9 which uses OR logic and it works beautifully now.

Also, I have not setup my A-axis so I made a short jumper and put between pins 2 an3 on that proxy's connector. This allows the other proxies to work normally.

It's great to see the machine home itself. I set the proxies up as home and limit switches to prevent hard crashes into the stops. I convinced myself of the need after having "senior moments" where I drove the axis into the mechanical stops.

John, thanks for taking the time to get the boards made. Hope this helps you avoid any problems.
Old Sun 19 June 2011, 19:42
JamesJ

Kansas
United States of America
John,
Here is a picture of the pcb. The circled area is where the trace has to be cut.

Hope this helps.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read