MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 30 April 2010, 05:37
erich
Just call me: Erich

gauteng
South Africa
Staring to plan my first build

I would like to say thanx for Gerald. I've been dreaming about a cnc router for years but never had the money. I have my own woodworkshop and do anything in wood( mostly cutom work) so i kneed a lot of template etc.

Is there anybody in SA that can give me a remote idea of what it would cost to buils a complete MM for a full sheet 1830X2750mm.
Old Fri 30 April 2010, 05:52
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
Hi Erich. Anything from R 30 000.00 to R 100 000.00 depending what you put in. I did mine for around R 22 000.00 2 years ago, but was lucky to beg, borrow and steal. Come see old BBB and I will show you around.
Old Fri 30 April 2010, 06:06
hennie
Just call me: Hennie #23

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Welkom, With a MM you don`t need templates budget for R35 000
Old Fri 30 April 2010, 06:10
erich
Just call me: Erich

gauteng
South Africa
Great. A lot les tha R 275 000 excl VAT and excl delivery and software etc etc etc. I have a mig welder and have done some steel work over the years for clients. ( gates etc). I also had some laser cutting ( for my lathe ) profiles done and the company do have cnc bending. I have a company that I bought electronics from previously in hong Kong and they are busy sourcing the stepper motors for me ( to see if I can save some R). The rest of the electronics are french to me ( although I studies electronic engineering for a year) I would like to start sourcing a lot of the stuff. I know that I must read the forum to get the answers ( I saw a few people got their panties uptight ) but every time a start I get lost in all the info. So I appreciate your help Kobus. If I can see it it would help me a lot to understand.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read