MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 06 May 2009, 23:03
silverdog
Just call me: Sergio #70

Rome
Italy
Ciao from Italy !

Hi,
I am planning to build a MM of about 3000x1500 mm, I just started studing the project that seems to me wonderfull, I will buy the laser cutting bended already made from some of the guy here in the forum (I think Kim if still possible).
My plan is to use the machmate for cutting plywood and if possible (I think yes) to profile 60x80 mm section of solid wood (Douglas ....or equivalent) to build windows. Anybody as done the MM in Italy already ?
Ciao
Sergio "silverdog"
Old Wed 06 May 2009, 23:37
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Welcome Sergio!

I believe you are the first person from Italy to post here and say you are interested. Many people from Italy have downloaded the plans, but they all keep very quiet.

We often cut curved window/door pieces for customers.
Old Wed 06 May 2009, 23:53
kaartman
Just call me: Koning #20

Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
Pronto Sergio,
welcome, Slowly MM covers the world
Old Thu 07 May 2009, 00:33
romy
Just call me: Romano

Arce Prov. Frosinone
Italy
ciao

hi Sergio,

fortunately there's some MM italian builder :-)

i'm from near Rome and i follow the MM forum since about 3 years

you are the first italian people that i found on this forum

good luck for the MM build and put some video, photos and cost of the MM build

if you need help call me without problems

bye

Ciao Sergio,

fortunatamente c'è qualche costruttore italiano :-)

io sono di vicino Roma e seguo il forum di MM da 3 anni

tu sei il primo italiano che trovo su questo forum

buona fortuna e tienici aggiornati con foto video e costi per la costruzione del MM

anzi se ti posso aiutare ben volentieri
ciao
Old Thu 07 May 2009, 00:40
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Sergio and Romano

Welcome to both of you. I look forward to seeing build and photos.

I feel like I have new friends all over the world.
Old Thu 07 May 2009, 03:02
silverdog

Rome
Italy
Hi everybody,
Thanks for the greeting ! these is a small comunity all over the world, and soon I will hope to have the "full right" to be part of this forum having built the MM that will be obviously as specified .... be blue !
By the way, I am pleased to know that there is someone near me that has the same project ....oh very near .. me too I am from Rome ! (Palidoro northen coast of Rome).
Ciao Romano, excuse me but to preserve the international spirit of this forum I will write (as far I can do ) in english, even if it's not so easy to me
where do you get with the project ? or have you already build your MM ?. I just discovered MM yesterday so I am still trying to understand how put things together ....
ciao
Old Thu 07 May 2009, 04:08
sailfl

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
silverdog,

Your english is excellent.

If you have not down loaded the plans, I would suggest do that. Start understanding the plans as you as you go through the various threads.

Good luck with your build.
Old Thu 07 May 2009, 06:22
romy
Just call me: Romano

Arce Prov. Frosinone
Italy
hi

hi silverdog,

i wrote in italian only for quick reading and my english is not perfect like your

i'm a designer and i work with many mechanical industry: cnc is my hobby and i follow this beautiful forum, the other international forum like cnczone and the italian forum cncitalia.

unfortunately i build 2 small cnc router and only after these build i found the MM forum.

the MM is a big router, it needs more space and is born especially for woodworking.

i've an idea to build a 5 axis MM router but not now

if you need drawing or material or only compliance to build a MM it's a plesure for me

thanks and bye
Old Thu 07 May 2009, 09:09
silverdog

Rome
Italy
Ciao,
As Nils suggested, I already downloaded the plans and I am studying them, meanwhile jumping around the threads in the forum.
I have good base of electronics and electrotechnics, with patience and carefull I can manage some mechanics .... my biggest problem is welding , it's forbidden to me to weld metal (I have a strong myopia and welding can cause problems to my eyes), but I am teaching my wife how to. (Could women serve something isn it ? OK this is a goliardic forum isn it ? here in Italy every respectable workshop has at least one playmate on the wall ) ok stop joking ... in some way I will solve the problem of welding, what I need now is to have back my metal bandsaw I borrowed to a friend
Romano maybe you know near Rome somebody who can make the cutting and bending pieces ?
thanks
Old Thu 07 May 2009, 11:02
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdog View Post
. . . . here in Italy every respectable workshop has at least one playmate on the wall . . . .
. . . also in the Prime Minister's office if we believe the newspapers

Had to look this up, it was the first time I had seen "goliardic", from this page:
"Goliards were wandering scholars devoted to adventure and the good life. While some serious students traveled from one university to the next in search of the specific knowledge each school had to offer, the Goliards traveled in search of wine, women and song. Most scholars began their studies through the Church, so Goliards were usually clerics, but they were not at all priestly in their behavior.
In between drinking and chasing women, Goliards found time to write a variety of songs, from the religious to the bawdy. This included love songs (both reverent and scandalous), political satires and, of course, drinking songs. They also wrote plays and poetry. While only a percentage of their surviving works have musical notation, it is believed that almost all their poetry was meant to be sung."
Old Thu 07 May 2009, 11:41
sailfl

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
All Right,

Let me dig out my Banjo and I am ready to change my life style.

Silverdog, yes your wife can participate.
Old Thu 07 May 2009, 12:11
silverdog

Rome
Italy
Well, according to your definition maybe I was a bit too generous on our lifestyle ..... but I'm sure not in our spirit isn'it ?
Nils .... I think you don't know my wife very well ...
ciao
Sergio
Old Thu 07 May 2009, 23:12
Lex
Just call me: Johan #56

Empangeni KwaZuluNatal
South Africa
Welcome Sergio,
Yes, in spirit there is a lot of us Goliards, but to get the MM build one has to put in some effort. Just look at how long I am taking! Maybe to much beer, no woman and some song?
Old Thu 04 June 2009, 11:38
silverdog

Rome
Italy
Ciao everybody,
After some studies, the game is started.
I already ordered a set of laser cut pieces from Kim (bended).
Next week I plan to buy all the metal needed for my 2483x1600 table (I decided for this length to use only one 6 meter bar, and for the width 1530 is the biggest plywood I use) so this is my shopping list:
3083x180x70mm x2pcs log.beam (1010322)
720x76x38mm x4pcs legs (1010332)
2020x76x38mm x8pcs cross bearer (1010302)
2100x100x50(x2)mm x2pcs cross members (1020440)
3083(+400)x60x60(x6)mm x2pcs x-rails
2100(+400)x60x60(x6)mm x2pcs y-rails
1983x50ǿx4mm x2pcs low longitudinal pipe (1010312)
520x50ǿx4mm x4pcs vertical bearer (1010314)
1996x50ǿx4mm x2pcs lower cross brace (1010306)
843x50ǿx4mm x4pcs Low angle brace (1010316)
599x30ǿx3mm x2pcs cross angle brace (1010304)
715x50x25x3mm x1pcs 350mm z-slide tube (1040364)
2050x20x6mm x2pcs y-rail clamp (1020235)
it seems all to me, now a little question, I wish I could use square tubes instead of the round 50mm I saw many had changed, but I cannot find anymore which was the indicated size can anybody help ?
Do I have to ask for a particular steel ?
thank you
Sergio
Old Thu 04 June 2009, 11:46
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdog View Post
a little question, I wish I could use square tubes instead of the round 50mm I saw many had changed, but I cannot find anymore which was the indicated size can anybody help ?
Do I have to ask for a particular steel ?
40X40 square, 3mm wall thickness will be okay.

The most economical steel will be okay.
Old Thu 04 June 2009, 12:37
silverdog

Rome
Italy
thank you very much Gerard

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read