MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Archives
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Mon 04 January 2010, 19:56
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
MM for sale? Maybe if someone is interested

Hello everyone.
Machine #5 may be up for sale soon. I am gathering interest to see if I want to sell this one to finance a bigger version of the same.

5x10 table with 48" z and 11" z (both included), computer, drive box, the whole ball of wax.

..feel free to follow my build thread for detail photo's.

The BBQ pit indexer is included too. But this is for 4 sided machining only. IT will not do continuous 4th axis machining due to the mechanical stops built into the indexer. But, the internal stops are removable if you have the will and time to disassemble the gear box.

This is an interest only query. If I have someone with serious interest, I will consider selling this machine.

Sean
Old Fri 15 January 2010, 12:59
smreish

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
....Not available until further notice. Company I worked for closed. MM owned by the bank now.

Sean
Old Fri 15 January 2010, 13:49
lumberjack_jeff
Just call me: Jeff #31

Montesano, WA
United States of America
Sorry to hear that Sean.

Good luck.
Old Fri 15 January 2010, 15:26
bradm
Just call me: Brad #10

Somerville(MA)
United States of America
Oh no! Best wishes going your way, and I hope you have some new gigs available. Of course, as a homebrew, one of a kind, unsupported piece of electro-steel whatsit, that MM should be worth, what, $600 to the bank, right? Got any room in your garage?
Old Fri 15 January 2010, 16:26
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Sean, sorry to hear that. Do as Brad suggests, maybe get it for a song, you built it anyway.
Old Fri 15 January 2010, 18:58
smreish

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
Brad,
That's the plan if it ever goes to auction.
I'll keep everyone posted.
Sean
Old Fri 15 January 2010, 20:24
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Sean, sorry to hear about the company. Suggest you remove the decals/logos before the bank makes its inventory.
Old Sat 16 January 2010, 06:06
Robert M
Just call me: Robert

Lac-Brome, Qc
Canada
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert M Send a message via Skype™ to Robert M
Sean, very very sorry to hear that
, and as a small business owner, I’m particularly sensitive to these sorrow moments you will live/go through.
Hang in man, on a positive side, you will grow taller out of this eventually, take it from me and many other like me who, well hate to put here on your thread, but I did go through a bankruptcy 10 years ago….not an experience you would wish to anyone, but….After all that, ten yrs later, I can assure you, in my case, as in most cases, it was actually a blessing, it open me other path witch today I’m very great full for….Especially great full for meeting people like you, Gerald and many others….

You’ll see, you get some good out of this some years down the road, you too much of a nice & smart guy to get crush by this “speed bump”.
It will eventually serve you….It does too so many I read, meet &…exchange with.

If there can be anything, aside money, I can help you with, you have my private coordinates.
Sending you all the good vibs I can….All the best man !
Amicalement, Robert
Old Sat 16 January 2010, 07:12
smreish

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
To all, thanks. I'm fine and working for another company. Sad economy and choices that present themselves. On the upside. Look for the start of the MechTorch project starting next week at the University. I will be overseeing a student class project build for the University of North Carolina. More fun ahead!

....we can close this thread now.
Closed Thread

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read