MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sat 25 June 2011, 16:54
shaneblacklord
Just call me: shane

Williams Lake
Canada
Smile HI Everyone!

I just bought http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/43...interface.html It says it needs 1 Axis CNC TB6560 Stepper Motor Driver Controller Board - TB6560AHQ I have the manual attached what i need is a wiring diagram of some kind The TB6560 is only 1.5 to 3 amps and I dont know what kind of voltage it will support. if I can get this working I can think about buillding a mechmate. With 6 axis I could build something special I have always wanted since I first became a master machinist (too early fror cnc Im afraid) so now i amd forced into retirement by multiple sclerosis I long for thing to do with my time. May some oneout there is not so electrically challenged coud give me a hand or point me in the right direction.
any ways its nice to see so many others with the same interests as me
Shane
Old Sat 25 June 2011, 17:04
shaneblacklord

Williams Lake
Canada
Opps

opps for some resaon the file did not attach
Attached Files
File Type: zip 6_axis_interface_board_V1.1.zip (536.6 KB, 25 views)
Old Sat 25 June 2011, 22:34
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
Hi Shane,
Welcome, you will learn everything you need to build a stepper motor based CNC machine here in the forum as long as you dig hard & deep enough. There are cures to every assortment of handicaps
Read, read, read. You did say you wanna do something with your own time...

Anyway, What you bought is a BOB (Breakout Board). I'm using the same unit. You still need to get Stepper Motor Driver(s) to run the stepper motor(s).
Old Sun 26 June 2011, 13:31
shaneblacklord

Williams Lake
Canada
Hi
Thank you for your reply. what kind of stepper motor driver are you using? What kind of motors? C an you help me with a wiring diagram? Sorry But I am electrically challeged
I need to use all six of the axis on the card. Can you please help?
you cane reply yo me private email sblacklord@hotmail.com. what voltage motors can you use withe this setup? I have the manual but parts of it are on chinese.
thank you
Shane
Old Mon 27 June 2011, 04:35
KenC

Klang
Malaysia
The answers are all in my building thread. No, I won't be answering any mails without you asking meaningful questions.
Old Mon 27 June 2011, 11:18
shaneblacklord

Williams Lake
Canada
My CnC stuff

Hi ken thanks very much much off I go in sarch of KenC's building thread
Old Mon 27 June 2011, 12:20
shaneblacklord

Williams Lake
Canada
Hi Ken
I cant seem to find a link to your build thread, could you post a link?
thanks again
shane
Old Mon 27 June 2011, 12:48
danilom
Just call me: Danilo #64

Novi Sad
Serbia
Here it is...

http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1885

Advice: when looking for info first look at the Personal Build Histories, and MechMates already cutting as there will be a lot of info around every build which you can find useful.
Old Mon 27 June 2011, 15:58
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
...also a quick reference to the table that fits your requirements is the COMPLETED table serial number list. It quickly tells, how big, type, etc......
Old Sat 02 July 2011, 13:21
shaneblacklord

Williams Lake
Canada
Thanks to all those who replied. especially KenC. What I really need now is a wiring diagram for my 6 axis controller (please see my original post) sorry but it seem the recommended driver is only 3 amps and i need to know if I can use a differant driver one that will put out a higher amp driver with its own seperate power supply for the drivers and the motors (6) I would like to use higher amperage stepper motors.
Old Sat 02 July 2011, 13:45
danilom

Novi Sad
Serbia
Of course you can, its ordinary breakout board (BOB) that just passes trough step and direction signals to all common stepper motor drives.
Look for Gecko drives or similar chinese (Leadshine etc.) that support STEP and DIR input.
Look for drives adequate to amps and voltage for the motors you choose.
Old Sat 02 July 2011, 15:39
shaneblacklord

Williams Lake
Canada
Hi Danilom
could you please down load the zip file and help me decipher which wire would go where?
I am not electricaly educated. I need the help of all who could help. I need to figure out
a wiring diagram of sorts Assuming I needed 4 or 8 amps current and I want to use seperate power suppy for the motors how do I figure ouout what be porw suply I need would it be 6 time 8 plus 2=50 amps and what equation ould I use for volts?
cheers and thanks for the information
Shane
Cheers and that for t
Old Sat 02 July 2011, 15:52
danilom

Novi Sad
Serbia
Usually we all use single power supply so the energy that is sometimes put back by stepper is absorbed by other drives and one 20Amp transformer is cheaper than 4 x 5Amps.
Also I think no one is using 6 drives, usually 5 top, 4 for the main 4 motors and 1 extra if using indexer as 4th axis.
You got it all in the manual, on page 2 and 3, you can use screw terminals. Wires go to PLS (pulse or STP step, PU+) and DIR (direction DR+) on the drives and you need one common wire (GND or COM) to go to lets say DR- and PU- or whatever they name it on the drives. You choose which output goes where and then input that in Mach3 so it sends the pulses to the right output pins.

Please read this FAQ as it will explain a lot
http://www.geckodrive.com/ark-2/support.html

after if you still have some questions everyone here will be glad to help, but the basics you have to find out by yourself so you become familiar with it.
Old Sat 02 July 2011, 16:35
shaneblacklord

Williams Lake
Canada
Hi Danilom!
Thanks for the info that was quick.
I will have to read it again to understand it but I really appreciate the help.
and the support. so now and use a higher powered motor a seperate power suply and I can start by rereading the gecko material. I will have to buy my parts from china because I cant afford much on my disability pension. I have had good luck with them in the past. You say leadshine is good to deal with? I will look on Ebay and Alibaba.
Thanks again Danilom
Shane
Old Sat 02 July 2011, 16:40
danilom

Novi Sad
Serbia
Look here also, I personally bought everything from Deitech like some other members and they have good service and prices http://driver-motor.com/. You can find everything from stepper motors and drives to spindles, collets and energy chain.
start from steppers, proven motors are 86HS9802 and 86HS9801
here http://driver-motor.com/ProductContent.aspx?ID=47
Old Sat 02 July 2011, 22:08
KenC

Klang
Malaysia
I give a thumbs up for http://driver-motor.com/ too.
Regarding the TB6560AHQ check this out. These guys run the board safely at 24V even though its max. is 36V in the data sheet.
The datasheet helps too.

You might want to look at this place www.tinycontrols.com

Last edited by KenC; Sat 02 July 2011 at 22:13..
Old Sun 03 July 2011, 19:54
shaneblacklord

Williams Lake
Canada
Danilom, KenC
I wasnt able to log on driver motor till just now for some reason, but they sure have a lot of good stuff. and thanks for the link to the data sheet it will help alot. funny how see so many people running theit drivers on the internet and not one mention of the problems with these boards. good thing you spoted that. so have any of you bought anything from tiny controls? I wonder if their service is any good
thanks again
Shane
Old Wed 13 July 2011, 11:27
shaneblacklord

Williams Lake
Canada
Hey KenC, Danilom
How re you guys doing? I was Wondering about how you guys fely about Motors? I Know
that Nema 34 Series is the yh mototor or choice but at what amperage and voltage? I m looking at the motor thread but i get confuseded easily.
thanks
Shane
Old Wed 13 July 2011, 11:53
danilom

Novi Sad
Serbia
I am using 5Amp 86HS9802 with 43Volts power supply (few volts more would not hurt) also popular is 86HS9801 which is 4Amps but higher voltage needed (can't remember exactly ~56-57V)
Both are good option and a lot of MMs use these, or their clones (or they are the clones hehe you cant be sure about chinese stuff)

Drives are 2M982 and I am pretty happy with them (very smooth) I use them set up as 6Amp PEAK and 4.5Amps continous, but when I have foam jobs that require 5Hrs or more (dont need torque and want motors cool to touch) sometimes I lower it down because of ambient temperature of above 35 celsius (95F).
Old Wed 13 July 2011, 12:55
shaneblacklord

Williams Lake
Canada
Hi Danilom
Thanks for the reply What would you think of 3 amp at 24 volts dc 425 kg-cm torque on a table 2 ft wide Y axis by 5 feep long x Axis I want to use a router for the z axiz and i im not sure if the 425 kg cm would handle the weigt of the router and the z ax. is frame and router or what? I was in high school 25 years ago and math is not my strong point or electronics. I am very good at design and non cnc machining, computers, and but i need everyones help at electrontronics,

Thanks for the reply Moy I have a better idea of what im lookimg at.

Shane
Old Wed 13 July 2011, 12:59
shaneblacklord

Williams Lake
Canada
PS danilom
where do you live that it is that warm? Im
Old Wed 13 July 2011, 13:07
danilom

Novi Sad
Serbia
Well we are having some very warm days in summer, climate is slowly changing in south europe

about torque.... 425kgcm is 41.6Nm so it must be missing a dot, 42.5kgcm maybe?
it would be 4.16Nm or 590 Ozin which is quite acceptable! and with a nice belt reduction 3:1 it will produce smooth movement and enough torque.
But 24V is too small for almost any motor.
Check the inductance value, and use Mariss of geckodrive formula to calculate max voltage
32 * sqrt(inductance in mH)

If the motor is above 4-5mH it is almost unusable for MM (router) usage.
Old Wed 13 July 2011, 13:19
danilom

Novi Sad
Serbia
About Z axis weight, that is why we have a gas spring it compensates for the weight of whole Z axis and reliefs the motor.
Old Wed 13 July 2011, 13:24
aniljangra
Just call me: Anil #44

Delhi
India
Send a message via Skype™ to aniljangra
86HS9801 is 8 wire motor and you can connect coils in parallel, effectively reducing the inductance in half and can be used at lower dive voltage. Even in this case 24V is not enough to get max output from the motor.
Old Wed 13 July 2011, 16:28
shaneblacklord

Williams Lake
Canada
Hi danilom Hi aniljanga
Opps I really F"ed up it is 425 oz-in. My bob Puts our 3 amps at 24 volt isnt that Way to much to apply to a driver board? Im still having trouble decoding the users manual. I think if use the wires i can put the bob on a seperate power supply and connect a much higher power supply to the motor driver boards and the the motors. then i am free to use what ever drivers and motors I want is this correct? I uploaded the manual with my first message so i think i need 5 or 12 i cant remember to run the bob and the inputs to the
drivers the the output of the drivers and the motors can be a seperate power supply and
I am free to run what ever amperage/voltage power supply i want as long as it does not over amp the 6 motors. I would like to run nema 34s at top torque because i intend ti use a router to mill mostly aluminum. if i am wrong please feel free to correct me.
and once agaian tranks for all the fish (from hitchickers guider to the galaxy).
Old Wed 13 July 2011, 21:53
KenC

Klang
Malaysia
I use 86HS9801 motors, M860 driver, set at 3A & 60Vdc its ok to run a few volt below the max. voltage rating of M860
It is possible to cascade the output stage of your TB6560, but are you up to the task in power electronics?
Old Wed 13 July 2011, 22:39
shaneblacklord

Williams Lake
Canada
Hi KenC
thanks for the reply and no i do not much about electronics but my best friend is an expert so I will ask him for help when the time comes He works for the provinces gas company and he is an eletrons cotrol technician if anybody can figure it out he can. I just need to get a ball park figure about what is good enough so i hav n idea of what kind of motors to buy and drivers if I have to buy a diffrrant bob I will, so far i want a nema 34 around 8 to 12 Nm I will need 6 drivers and 6 motors for my design and I am still learning does that sound ok?

thanks for your advice

Shane

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read