MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Electrical & Electronic > 70. Control Systems
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 25 November 2008, 15:42
gixi
Just call me: Marius (AVO) #32

Bucharest
Romania
Send a message via Yahoo to gixi
PMDX and Gecko 203

Is there something special requirements for the European area in order to take care when I’ll prepare the “kitchen project”?
Because as I observe the motors have a different code for Europe.
When I ask this I’m referring at PMDX and Gecko 203.
Is there a special issue with the voltage EUvsUS?
Should I order 203 or 203V?
PMDX and Gecko will deliver to Europe .
Marius
Old Tue 25 November 2008, 17:09
PEU
Just call me: Pablo

Buenos Aires
Argentina
AFAIK you need to order 203, the V stands for vacuum, meaning the motors aren't holding torque when not moving, or something like that.

The PMDX is not connected to mains, besides the power relay, so no problems here either.
Old Tue 25 November 2008, 18:15
Richards
Just call me: Mike

South Jordan, UT
United States of America
The Gecko stepper driver G203v comes in three models:

Standard
Vacuum
CC/CCW

The Gecko stepper driver model that you would normally use is the G203v STANDARD.

The Vacuum model has no holding torque when at rest and in used in a laboratory environment.

The CW/CCW model lets you move the motor's shaft CW when you apply pulses to the CW input and CCW when you apply pulses to the CCW input.

Mach3 uses step and direction pulses, so the STANDARD G203v is the model to choose.
Old Tue 25 November 2008, 20:12
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
See this thread: Do not purchase Vacuum application drives from Geckodrive

The standard 203 is called the 203 Vampire, so there are two V's that cause the confusion.
Old Thu 27 November 2008, 18:35
BHawthorne
Just call me: Brad

Wichita, KS
United States of America
I ordered my G203V's a year ago. I just saw this thread. Are these 2 other 203V types something new? How am I sure I got the right G203V? I don't remember there being 3 kinds of 203V back when I ordered.

Here is a pics of one of mine. Is this the standard G203?

Last edited by BHawthorne; Thu 27 November 2008 at 18:46..
Old Thu 27 November 2008, 18:39
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Brad,
If you have had them for a year then I think you have the proper version. Gecko released the two new firmware versions sometime this year. It is only a firmware change, the basic drive is the same. At the time you ordered there was only one version, that is the one we want for MM.
Old Thu 27 November 2008, 19:38
BHawthorne
Just call me: Brad

Wichita, KS
United States of America
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino11 View Post
Brad,
If you have had them for a year then I think you have the proper version. Gecko released the two new firmware versions sometime this year. It is only a firmware change, the basic drive is the same. At the time you ordered there was only one version, that is the one we want for MM.
Ah, good to know. It's been so long that my memory was hazy about the order details. I got mine mid-december of last year.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read