MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Archives
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Mon 15 September 2008, 00:09
jkasquires
Just call me: Jacob

Folsom, CA
United States of America
Quick question on MM's capabilities...

I've been lurking around for the past few weeks between here and cnczone and am wondering if someone could comment on a few things for me.

1. I am interested in using the MM for my cabinetry and desk designs. I know that it should be no problem with MM but just wanted to make sure it would handle that.

2. I would also like to machine water cooling blocks for PC's using copper plate and Delrin or Acrylic tops. The blocks can get rather intricate with the pins so I was wondering if this machine has the necessary accuracy and repeatability.

I understand that question 2 might come down to build quality, I am perfectly okay with that. I just want to know that I can do my larger projects and my smaller more detailed projects on the same machine.

Thanks again for any help! Love the sight!
Old Mon 15 September 2008, 05:15
J.R. Hatcher
Just call me: J.R. #4

Wilmington, North Carolina
United States of America
Send a message via Skype™ to J.R. Hatcher
These were cut using a 4' X 8' MechMate. The tolerance between file and cut part in the alu, was about .003". Hope this helps

http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showt...&postcount=299
Closed Thread

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read