MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Construction started, but not cutting yet
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 13 March 2014, 21:47
Mrayhursh
Just call me: Hurshy

Riverview, Florida
United States of America
I have been off wandering. I wanted to find out more about electronics so I bought a book and started to read, but I wanted some hands on. I bumped into a radio ham operator and he invited me to a meeting. I went and saw all the equipment. I couldn't touch it unless I had a technitions license. I studied for a week and found out they had testing on Saturday morning. I went and I passed the test. I know I did well but I was surprised when they asked me to take the test. I failed it but when I arrived home the general test and training cd had arrived in the mail. I loaded it and took the test again and I almost passed it. I have since passed the test and I am now waiting for the next test date. I have already ordered the Extra Class license book. I wonder if I can get all 3 licenses in the same month. I have been working on upgrading my shop and shop equipment. I think I mentioned I put a DRO on the lathe. I also ordered a liquid cooling system for the lathe. I now have all the plumbing, so it is time to get it installed. I finished doing some upgrades to my mill. I made a tray to catch shavings and fluids. I also finished rewiring the top end and putting in a digital depth gage. Yep there the blue monster sets. No place to put her. I was going to put it in the family room. A 25x25 room with not a thing in it. Oh well I guess I am stuck until I get the brass to move it.

Last edited by Mrayhursh; Thu 13 March 2014 at 21:53..
Old Fri 14 March 2014, 04:16
Tom Ayres
Just call me: Tom #117

Bassett (VA)
United States of America
Good to hear from you Hurshy, I though we'd have to send out a search party, lol. Looks like you have many passions, does the wife know she's about to lose the family room? Ha Ha
Old Mon 02 February 2015, 04:35
lonestaral
Just call me: Al #114

Isarn
Thailand
Send a message via Skype™ to lonestaral
Hurshy, whats happening ?
Old Mon 12 October 2015, 03:32
Tom Ayres
Just call me: Tom #117

Bassett (VA)
United States of America
Hurshy, Are you still working on your MM?
Old Tue 13 October 2015, 06:14
lonestaral
Just call me: Al #114

Isarn
Thailand
Send a message via Skype™ to lonestaral
I think he has joined the Navy (Submarine Service)

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read