MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Common Assemblies & Parts > Motors & their mountings
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 31 May 2016, 07:52
tcheney2000
Just call me: Terry

Victoria, Texas
United States of America
Teknic Motor Question

I ran across this awhile back. Anyone have any input?
https://www.teknic.com/products/clea...-servo-motors/
I am finally getting serious about building a custom machine. This showed up in my inbox last year. It's supposed to be a small servo motor but take the input from a stepper driver. Just curious...
Old Tue 31 May 2016, 13:05
islaww
Just call me: Gary C

UP of Michigan
United States of America
Terry...
I have used a couple dozen of them on various projects. They are a brushless DC servo, with an integrated drive, so they do no require one. Step and direction signals can come straight from the pin or I/O board. Make sure you do your torque, reduction and rpm calcs well as they have a number of products with a finite power and rpm range.
Old Tue 31 May 2016, 13:27
tcheney2000

Victoria, Texas
United States of America
I have a client that has a ShopBot and wants to speed up the jog speed. Will these work with the ShopBot control?
Old Tue 31 May 2016, 13:32
tcheney2000

Victoria, Texas
United States of America
Also on my project I want to make a rather large cnc turning center for turning long posts. Are these strong enough to turn and hold the post while the spindle is cutting a pattern ( like on an a 8" square post?)
Old Tue 31 May 2016, 17:19
islaww
Just call me: Gary C

UP of Michigan
United States of America
Terry...
Give me a call at (906) 273-1455. I've done a good number of systems for old ShopBots

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read