MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > General - MM Build
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 09 December 2008, 21:23
1leonchen
Just call me: 1leon

george town
Cayman Islands
Need help on what the oversal cost will be

i want to build a cnc 48 inches *48 inches what would the cost of material run me. i have lots of time. also what tools do i need.also if i needed machine parts if u can supply me resaonsably then i will buy. finally estimated time.

Last edited by 1leonchen; Tue 09 December 2008 at 21:34..
Old Wed 10 December 2008, 07:16
Doug_Ford
Just call me: Doug #3

Conway (Arkansas)
United States of America
1leon,

Your questions are almost impossible for us to answer. We have no idea what metal costs in the Caymans and the availability of parts can affect price significantly. Most of us in the U.S. spent between $6000 and $7000. The tools you will need depends on how much work you choose to do yourself. When I was building my router, the average build time for most guys was around 10-12 months. Some guys have cut that time in half.

Recommend you read more of the posts in this forum. That will give you an idea of which construction tasks you think you can handle and the tools you'll need. Good luck.
Old Wed 10 December 2008, 07:33
1leonchen
Just call me: 1leon

george town
Cayman Islands
i have to source all eletronic componets for the united ststes. we have hadwares just like the united states. i have some tools but i wondering if i could only build the head for now no support table or will i lose structual interigty.i want to do every ting myself. so if i need a welder i will get it beacuse u can have too much tools. finally steel is almost the sam price as the states.

Last edited by 1leonchen; Wed 10 December 2008 at 07:36..
Old Thu 11 December 2008, 22:49
William McGuire
Just call me: Bill

Weiser, Idaho
United States of America
1leon...

One thing which has been mentioned before is that the extra metal and wires needed to make the MM large enough for 48' X 96' (or 49' X 97') sheets is very little compared to the total cost of the machine. You might consider this before you begin...

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read