MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sat 14 March 2015, 10:16
Inasilentway
Just call me: Bastien

Rodez
France
Bonjour à tous / Hi all

Bonjour,

je parcours ce forum depuis quelques mois et après avoir longuement hésité je me lance dans la construction d'une Mechmate !
Je suis architecte à Rodez (en Aveyron) et nous nous lançons avec ma femme dans le design et la fabrication de mobilier.
La CNC devra nous permettre de couper et graver des panneaux de bois d'une dimension maximale de 3000 mm X 1500 mm.
Même si ce forum est extrêmement documenté, je vais certainement solliciter votre aide et je vous remercie par avance.
Je viens de commander les plans. J'envisage de commencer par la partie électrique étant donné que je ne dispose pas encore d'un local. Je commence donc mes recherches de carte compatible mach3, driver et moteurs pas à pas.
J'aimerais pouvoir commencer à utiliser une Mechmate opérationnelle à partir de septembre, en espérant y arriver dans ces délais...

Hello,

I travel this forum for a few months and after long hesitation I start building a Mechmate!
I am an architect in Rodez (Aveyron) and we're launching with my wife in the design and manufacture of furniture.
The CNC will enable us to cut and burn wood panels with a maximum dimension of 3000 mm x 1500 mm.
While this forum is highly documented, I will certainly ask for your help and thank you in advance.
I just ordered the plans. I plan to start with the electrical part since I do not have a local. I begin my research Mach3 compatible card, driver and stepper motors.
I would like to start using an operating Mechmate in September, hoping to arrive within this time ...
Old Sat 14 March 2015, 10:27
IMMark
Just call me: Mark #119

Columbus Ohio
United States of America
Hi and welcome
sounds like a fast schedule, but wish you the best of luck!
Mark
Old Sat 14 March 2015, 11:29
Inasilentway

Rodez
France
Hi, thanks for your reply,

I don't know how to evaluate the schedule when you have all the elements for the steel construction ?
Old Sat 14 March 2015, 12:46
IMMark
Just call me: Mark #119

Columbus Ohio
United States of America
You can look at the builders log, it lists the time it took people for their build. I think mine was near 2 years.
Everyone's is different depending on lots of factors, but worth it in the end.
Mark
Old Sat 14 March 2015, 18:02
Borko
Just call me: Techstarve

Veles
Macedonia
Welcome aboard, Bastien.
We are sailing on the same destination.
Best wishes and good luck with the build.

Techstarve
Old Thu 19 March 2015, 04:28
Inasilentway

Rodez
France
Thank you Techstarve, hope the wind will push us on the good direction !

I have already some questions :

- What is the average weight of a Mechmate ?
- What is the average noise it generates while cutting wood ?
- If you work on it at full time, how many hours will it take to assemble evevry thing, considering that you have all the furnitures (plans designs, laser cutting parts, electronic parts, etc...).
Old Thu 19 March 2015, 05:50
lonestaral
Just call me: Al #114

Isarn
Thailand
Send a message via Skype™ to lonestaral
Weight depends on the size of the machine and steel sections used.
Anywhere between heavy to extremely heavy( Rugby players or forklift)

Noise is much the same as using a router.
Spindles are quiet when not cutting.

I built mine in about 500 hours but that included driving profiled plates to the bending shop, waiting for the welder to arrive.
Look on the builders log, there have been faster builds.

By the way, Welcome and good luck.
Old Thu 19 March 2015, 09:15
Inasilentway

Rodez
France
Thanks lonestral,

and congratulations for all you realize with your Mechmate !
Old Thu 19 March 2015, 13:30
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Welcome aboard !!! Reading the build threads will be a good way to determine what method works best for you.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read