MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 29 May 2009, 20:18
MechMateCajun
Just call me: Steve

Baton Rouge, LA
United States of America
Smile Hello to all . . . . - Baton Rouge, LA

Hello to all . . . .

I am wanting to build a CNC Router Table and CNC Plasma Table. I am not really sure which I should attack first.

I have read through the site somewhat as well as the CNCZone. Am really interested in the MechMate since I started out wanting a ShopBot. I soon found out that I could not afford a ShopBot. A ShopBot forum member directed me here. From what I can see, the MechMate will be equal or better than a ShopBot if constructed properly with the help of so many knowledgeable people.

The fact that there are parts available for a MechMate build is a definite plus. I still have not figured out where the most current plans for sale are located on the site. Would appreciate it if someone could direct me to them. Would want some that are compatible with the laser cut parts offered by some of the members.

As to me, I have build some projects like commercial cooking equipment, ie.. 25# peanut roaster, kettle corn popper, etc . . . .

I have a MIG welder, stick welder & getting ready to buy a plasma cutter. Other than that I have the other tools associated with welding.

Any info as to what I might need of an unusual nature, please advise.

P.S. been lurking . . . Nice site, nice people . . . the fact that some are from all over the world is very interesting . . .

Thanks in advance,
Steve
Old Fri 29 May 2009, 21:05
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechMateCajun View Post
I still have not figured out where the most current plans for sale are located on the site. Would appreciate it if someone could direct me to them. Would want some that are compatible with the laser cut parts offered by some of the members.
Drawing Plan files for downloading - this is where you get the drawings
Old Fri 29 May 2009, 21:10
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Steve,
Welcome. Plans are free, and check out the laser cut parts section for guys supplying laser cut kits in the states.
Old Sun 31 May 2009, 04:58
jhiggins7
Just call me: John #26

Hebron, Ohio
United States of America
Steve,

Hope to see your build thread soon. Sounds like you have the metal working side well in hand.

I started with the Control Box (kitchen table project) since I had some used stepper motors to check out and because I'm more familiar with electronics than metalworking.

Happy building!

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read