MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Construction started, but not cutting yet
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sun 29 November 2009, 21:13
ddoggett
Just call me: Dan

Ottumwa, IA
United States of America
Confused - Ottumwa, IA

Anyone, especially Gerald,
I have started gathering parts and will be ordering laser cut and bent parts soon. My dilema is where to start when it come to software needed. I have BOBCAD-CAM and Mach3. The confusion comes when figuring out what combos are best for the value.

What are the combinations that the reders are currently using? I am really not versed on CAD/CAM software. I do however have experience with Robotics/automation, but sadly not the windows based wares. Can anyone help here?

Thanks
Old Sun 29 November 2009, 21:22
Castone
Just call me: Leo #41

Soddy Daisy , Tn
United States of America
cam

If you have bobcam and Mach , you are ready to cut. I think I have a good post file for bobcam. Bobcam will cut most things that you would want to make 2D or 3D . You can draw in Bob and setup and run your tool path.Then you would save that file to a disc , then run it in Mach. When you get ready and you need some help just let me know.
Old Sun 29 November 2009, 23:19
ddoggett
Just call me: Dan

Ottumwa, IA
United States of America
Thanks Leo.
I'm sure I'll have lots of questions. Everybody here is great, and more especially right on top of things.
Thanks again

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read