MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Construction started, but not cutting yet
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 10 January 2007, 19:11
Stephen Hull
Just call me:

Another enthusiast newbie - Redwood City California

Hello, My name is Stephen Hull, live in Redwood City, California, retired. I have been looking at CNC routers for some time, never finding what I felt would work for me both functionally and within my budget. I happened to come upon the MechMate site and have found what I am looking for. For me, Gerald has done a beyond fantastic job and the members have shared extremely valuable information for a novice like myself. I have placed my order (pending - need others to order more kits) with Donald Neisler. In my opinion, this is one of the very best forums. My interests in this area are wood working, carving into and on wood panels Tibetan and Chinese designs and symbols. I praise the software guru's who have developed the ability to create vector files from images. One modification I will do is to add a 4th axis for engraving, carving round objects. I have previously contacted Art Ransom and he was most helpful with information and in addition he has a great web site which he has indicated in his personal page. Happy New Year and successful building to all.
Stephen Hull
Old Sun 14 January 2007, 10:33
Stephen Hull
Just call me:

I have been spending a lot of time reviewing the material on this forum. There is an amazing amount of invaluable information and guidance available here. Me deepest appreciation to Gerald and all the contrubutors who help new to CNC guys like myself to get building and creating.
Old Sun 25 May 2008, 04:05
htrowrod
Just call me: Bruce

Vacaville,Ca
United States of America
CNC progress?

Hi Steve, how far have you made it on your CNC? I too have watched Art build his CNC on his web page. I live in Vacaville, Ca. and I am very interested in building one of these, but I am overwhelmed on where to start.

Bruce Dorworth

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read