MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 06 November 2009, 12:18
shoot
Just call me: DAZ

LEICESTER
United Kingdom
Hello - Leicester, UK

hello there i came across the site while researching building my own cnc router its a great site you have and should come in very usefull so thanks for having me.

Last edited by shoot; Fri 06 November 2009 at 12:19.. Reason: spelling
Old Fri 06 November 2009, 12:32
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
Welcome DAZ. I am sure if you read enough on this forum, a new MM will soon be operating in the UK
Old Sat 07 November 2009, 16:52
riesvantwisk
Just call me: Ries #46

Quito
Ecuador
Send a message via MSN to riesvantwisk Send a message via Skype™ to riesvantwisk
Shoot,

the plans are amazing and really great. It's an easy to build MM with part available over the world and easy to get hold off.

since everybody here builds the same machine lot's of information can be found here also.

Ries
Old Sun 08 November 2009, 00:02
shoot
Just call me: DAZ

LEICESTER
United Kingdom
thanks

thanks for the welcome,its a great looking machine a builds definatley on the cards for the new year,im a former welder fabricator so a lot of it looks within my capabilies but when ive finished fabrication of the steel work i fear i,ll grind to a halt as im absolutley useless with wireing and electronics/computers.
if anyone has the time can you tell me if you have gone into this build with no prior expereince of cnc how things work/go together etc and gone purely on instructions?.
i read some of the posts on here and you all make it sound like "lego"ha ha.
the computer side of things and using software im particularly worried about.
i have no prior knowledge of it, im hoping i can get away with doing the build then learn how to use it.
i do a bit of wood work these days and do own a manual carving duplicator and felt its time to move on,thanks all.
Old Sun 08 November 2009, 05:55
riesvantwisk
Just call me: Ries #46

Quito
Ecuador
Send a message via MSN to riesvantwisk Send a message via Skype™ to riesvantwisk
Shoot,

in holland we say 'Waar een wil is is een weg' If you want it, there is a way...

The plans of the mechmate are very will detailed, including the needed electronics and the type of software needed to run the machine.

There are some people that uses different electronics for example different stepper motors, but all principle are the same. if you use one of the standard motors people use here then someone here on the forum can tell you how to do it, or may be a friend can help out? My father in law helps me with the welding
There are lot's of images of about every detail of the Mechmate nowdays, and I believe 35 are build already and more to come, the Mechmate is here to stay...

If you are a complete computer noob, then you might have some problems getting into computers all together (read spend some more time then on the desk then you might hope for), but there is a reward once you get it mastered!

Ries
(I am sill building...)

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read