MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Electrical & Electronic > 701. Motor Drives
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 14 June 2010, 05:56
helow
Just call me: asad

fsd
Anguilla
running stepper motor with printer data pcb board

hi

i have got a stepper motor(i think it is 12V) from a laser printer. I am thinking to run it through large floppy drive (about 5"), but i think it could not run it with full power. thats why i want to use printer's data pcb board to run it. but i need some guide about pins of data and power connector. plz may you help me.

Thanks in advance

Asad
Old Mon 14 June 2010, 06:30
bradm
Just call me: Brad #10

Somerville(MA)
United States of America
Asad, this forum concentrates primarily on constructing MechMate CNC routers, and MechMates are not generally built from those types of parts.

I suggest that you ask the question elsewhere. Unfortunately, the type of information you are requesting is generally proprietary to the manufacturers, and may not be readily available. If there are any part numbers on the motor, you might try googling on them. The printer's pcb board is probably not reusable.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read