MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Structure & Mechanics > 55. Dust Management
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 24 May 2010, 06:49
Art
Just call me: Art #2

Lancaster,Texas
United States of America
Dust shoe on UTube

On Utube there are several excelent examples of dust shoes. At http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8ehFKTjZN4 is a commercial one that got great reviews on joescnc. Go to UTube and do a search on " dust shoe" to find several other examples.
Old Mon 24 May 2010, 10:48
PEU
Just call me: Pablo

Buenos Aires
Argentina
interesting concept, he uses neodymium magnets to make it detachable.
Old Mon 14 June 2010, 12:22
PEU
Just call me: Pablo

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Just saw a very similar shoe here: http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showt...6&postcount=27
Old Sun 04 July 2010, 04:09
AuS MaDDoG
Just call me: Tony #71

Brisbane
Australia
Hi All,

Has anybody used one of the dust feet shown in the Youtube video in the opening post on your mechmate?? if so how did it all fit up being that our dust extraction sits to the rear of the spindle/router mount and spider.
Keen to know as I am seriously looking to use one on my build.

Cheers
Tony.
Old Sun 04 July 2010, 06:09
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Tony,

Dust feet are easy to make out of Acyrlic or what I use is Sintra.

Using the product shown in video might work for your system but it requires that you have the dust pipe located in the same location that he has it.

That is why I like designing my own. I like the idea of the magnets though I have not had any problem with mine because it is easy to change. I think I will design a new foot giving the magnets a try.

I am always looking for better ways to do things.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read