MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Structure & Mechanics > 20. Gantry
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sun 23 November 2008, 13:45
BBurke
Just call me: Brian

Sherwood Park
Canada
Gantry Height

I am new to this list. I am interested in building a 5 axis router from the plans of Mech Mate. Would the table and frame assembly support the added weight needed for the new size of Gantry? If so how much larger could one go in height and still have stability?
Old Sun 23 November 2008, 17:53
Doug_Ford
Just call me: Doug #3

Conway (Arkansas)
United States of America
Brian,

I don't want to sound harsh but I want you to know why you probably won't get an answer to your question. You are asking about something that will require a lot of work for someone to answer with a very complicated response and yet you haven't given us even the tiniest amount of information. This forum gets a question like this about once a month so I recommend you spend some time reading through the old posts. You'll probably find the answer there.

A couple of weeks ago, Gerald posted a message about how to ask questions on forums. I suggest you read that and then come back with your question rephrased and someone may be able to help you out.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.
Old Sun 23 November 2008, 18:03
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Brian,
Check this out for reference.

http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1108

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read