MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 05 May 2014, 11:12
Foam
Just call me: foam

Dallas
United States of America
2nd mechmate and hot wire cutter

Getting ready to start a 2nd mech mate. It will be a 4x. Built my first a few years ago for a company I was working for. A lot of time spent head scratching but it turned out great. This one will be alot better and the build I hope will be faster. I'm shooting for a six week or less first cut. Im also going to build a hot wire foam cutter using the same side design as the router. I hope thats ok, Mike.
Old Mon 05 May 2014, 11:24
darren salyer
Just call me: Darren #101

Wentzville mo
United States of America
Well, I'd say welcome to the forum, but we are only a couple weeks from your third anniversary of joining. How about Welcome back instead?
How about some pics and documenting these builds?
We all learn from each other.
Old Mon 05 May 2014, 11:44
Foam
Just call me: foam

Dallas
United States of America
I plan to doc this one better than the last. Was thinking of doing a YouTube series on each step. A first build can be a little intimidating, but it really is not to bad looking back. I know exactly what I want to do this time and can avoid those little go back three steps mistakes hopefully.
Old Mon 05 May 2014, 12:22
darren salyer
Just call me: Darren #101

Wentzville mo
United States of America
I agree completely.
I've said it before, documenting the build forces you to a higher build quality because you know there will be onlookers.
I hope to start build #2 soon, myself.
Old Tue 06 May 2014, 04:36
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Welcome back !!! For those building , keep in mind that I supply most parts for the machine including electronics and the sale of the parts helps support this great resource !!

I am looking forward to seeing your ideas on using the platform for a foam cutter.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read