MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Archives
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Thu 01 March 2007, 23:37
Irfanulla
Just call me:

I will use belts for Y and a ball screw for the Z
Old Fri 02 March 2007, 10:49
Irfanulla
Just call me:

Some more images for comments and suggestions

Old Fri 02 March 2007, 10:50
Irfanulla
Just call me:

Old Fri 02 March 2007, 11:01
Gerald_D
Just call me:

Swing the Y-motor to the inside, next to the router. (The motor can be off-center, while the belts run back to the center)
Old Wed 14 March 2007, 11:06
Irfanulla
Just call me:

Hi Gerald

See the pic below

Comments please....

and thanks in Advance
Old Wed 14 March 2007, 12:19
Gerald_D
Just call me:

The line between the middle pulley (hinge point) and the last/pinion pulley must be more horizontal. As you drew it above, when the motor drives the y-car to the right the pinion may jump out of the rack. To the left, the pinion jams tightly into the rack.
Old Wed 14 March 2007, 20:40
Irfanulla
Just call me:

Gerald,

I plan to load it as in your machine with a spring which is not shown here, the final drive pulley sits on a spindle which is mounted on the swing arm, the swing arm will be tensioned by a spring which will hold the pinion and the rack together......
what say...........
Old Wed 14 March 2007, 23:01
Gerald_D
Just call me:

I understand about the spring. The problem is that the hinge point of the swing arm must be more in a horizontal line with the pinion.

Realise that the pinion must push/pull the car. It must push/pull against the hinge point as much as possible, and against the spring as little as possible. As you have drawn it, the pinion push/pulls mostly against the spring - in one direction it tightens the spring and in the other direction it loosens the spring.
Old Thu 15 March 2007, 01:11
Irfanulla
Just call me:

Yup Gerald now i got your point, do you mean the hinge and the pinoin centres should be on a horizontal line, O------O this way or
O
|
|
|
|
O
This way, yup gerald i know what it means by horizontal....but i just wanted to confirm...

Old Thu 15 March 2007, 01:41
Gerald_D
Just call me:

We speak the same language!

It does not have to be exactly horizontal. The MechMate is at 45 degrees. But it must not be vertical.

In other words, horizontal=best, vertical=not acceptable, 45 degrees=acceptable
Old Sat 17 March 2007, 03:56
Irfanulla
Just call me:

Gerald See the new configuration.........of the belts for Y.....think i have a problem to do a similar thing to the X axis......mean getting it to the horizontal.

Old Mon 19 March 2007, 19:55
Irfanulla
Just call me:

Gerald,

Still no comments, any one any help.

Thanks and regards
Irfan
Old Mon 19 March 2007, 23:07
Gerald_D
Just call me:

I didn't think you want to hear my honest comment, so I thought it is better to keep quiet....

Looks like the back of my washing machine. Stepper motors will be so much cleaner...
Old Mon 19 March 2007, 23:55
Irfanulla
Just call me:

Gerald:

I appreciate your honest comments, but you know i am sort of stuck with the motors and controllers thats why i want to use em all. I cannot keep them aside and think of steppers as I have already spent an amount which for me is pretty handsome.

What ever it looks like I would be happy if it works......

AND BTW how did you change the color for the font

and the question again......will this work.....

Regards
Irfan.......
Old Tue 20 March 2007, 07:45
Gerald_D
Just call me:

In principle, it will work
Old Wed 19 September 2007, 09:06
javeria
Just call me: Irfan #33

Bangalore
India
My machine takingshape

The pictures tell the tale of my router bed, presently used to tie up the cattle, the gantry is also ready,
have to assemble the rack to the X and need to purchase the timing pulley's and belts.

Will keep posted .... Regards
IRfan

b1.JPG

b2.JPG
Old Wed 19 September 2007, 10:23
javeria

Bangalore
India
Thats the smooth gantry on You tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUtYt6XM7-Y

(tried embedding the video .... not possible)
Old Wed 19 September 2007, 12:32
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Wonderful!

(I am very glad that you could not embed the video! We have a limit of 3GB of downloads per month, and embedded videos can kill that quota very quickly)
Old Wed 19 September 2007, 17:26
javeria

Bangalore
India
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald D View Post
Wonderful!

(I am very glad that you could not embed the video! We have a limit of 3GB of downloads per month, and embedded videos can kill that quota very quickly)
Gerald,

Actually it will not,the video will be played from youtube direct and will not take out your bandwidth. Only that the video will be telecast on the thread! It only like posting a link.

RGD's
Irfan
Old Wed 19 September 2007, 20:54
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
When I say "we have a limit", I meant it as all people in South Africa. I can not send & receive more than 3GB per month from my broadband connection to my pc. (I know it is not problem to host youtube, but I want to make this site friendly to everybody, even with poor internet connections)
Old Sun 23 September 2007, 09:04
javeria

Bangalore
India
Problems

Hi Gerald and others.

You can see my Jack shaft arrangement. its overweight on one side, the gantry is more than 30kg I think! and I require that sort of motor to drive it, but a small tap and it will tilt. have to find ways to balance it! ANY suggestions,BTW look at the limit switch arrangements and the jack shaft itself.

RGDS
Irfan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b3.JPG (100.8 KB, 605 views)
File Type: jpg b4.JPG (86.8 KB, 602 views)
File Type: jpg b5.JPG (63.5 KB, 600 views)
Old Sun 23 September 2007, 09:17
Manjeet
Just call me: Manjeet

Amritsar
India
Hi Irfan,

Good progress. Keep it up

Manjeet
Old Sun 23 September 2007, 09:27
javeria

Bangalore
India
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manjeet View Post
Hi Irfan,

Good progress. Keep it up

Manjeet
Yes Manjeet there is progress but the Gantry is very heavy, so I am a bit worried!

Regards
IRfan
Old Sun 23 September 2007, 09:30
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
30kg is not much. Our gantry, with router and z-slide assembly is 80kg. Your balance should be okay when you add the z-slide and the tool. You can also put your Y-motor to the "better" side.
Old Sun 23 September 2007, 10:31
Marc Shlaes
Just call me: Marc

Cleveland, OH
United States of America
Send a message via Skype™ to Marc Shlaes
Irfan,

I have been to Bangalore twice and 4 times to India total. I enjoy your country very much and I really miss the food.

You are showing everyone that ingenuity and determination can produce very interesting results. You are also showing the do-it-yourselfer without a complete machine shop can, in fact, end up with a production machine.

Best of luck!
Old Sun 23 September 2007, 17:20
javeria

Bangalore
India
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Shlaes View Post
Irfan,

I have been to Bangalore twice and 4 times to India total. I enjoy your country very much and I really miss the food.

You are showing everyone that ingenuity and determination can produce very interesting results. You are also showing the do-it-yourselfer without a complete machine shop can, in fact, end up with a production machine.

Best of luck!
Thanks Marc,

I really get motivated by your words!

RGDS
Irfan
Old Mon 24 September 2007, 00:55
bbreaker
Just call me: Mickey

Galgan
France
Send a message via MSN to bbreaker Send a message via Skype™ to bbreaker
I Irfan, I think the same tan Marc, I like the way you follow and I think your country is an example of doing the best with nothing or a little hardware, go go go, I continue to look your thread and see you advance from me.
Old Mon 24 September 2007, 01:11
javeria

Bangalore
India
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbreaker View Post
I Irfan, I think the same tan Marc, I like the way you follow and I think your country is an example of doing the best with nothing or a little hardware, go go go, I continue to look your thread and see you advance from me.
Gee. ThnX,

Appreciate it! , it all makes me think positive toward doin it good!

RGDS
Irfan
Old Mon 24 September 2007, 05:14
cbboatworks
Just call me: Gene

Wilmington NC
United States of America
Hello Irfan

Keep up the great work,You have showed alot of people that they can build whatever they put there minds to with the least amount of materials available in there country. I see in a few other post that people Can not get materials in the country they live in. I can clearly see you have adapted to what is available to you what an inspiration to others.keep up the great work.Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by javeria View Post
Gee. ThnX,

Appreciate it! , it all makes me think positive toward doin it good!

RGDS
Irfan
Old Mon 24 September 2007, 08:52
javeria

Bangalore
India
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbboatworks View Post
Hello Irfan

Keep up the great work,You have showed alot of people that they can build whatever they put there minds to with the least amount of materials available in there country. I see in a few other post that people Can not get materials in the country they live in. I can clearly see you have adapted to what is available to you what an inspiration to others.keep up the great work.Thanks
Hi CB, thanks for the kind words,

Actually lot of material and infrastructure is available here, for me teh only constrain was that of finance which drove me to use most commonly available material and there is a shortage of skilled labour to weld and finish......so all this circus!

lets hope with all these constraints teh router turns out good!

Regards
IRfan
Closed Thread

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read