MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > The Market Place
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 26 March 2014, 08:38
IMMark
Just call me: Mark #119

Columbus Ohio
United States of America
Antek

Just a FYI of my experience...
I placed my order with Antek on this past Friday morning (speaking on the phone with whom I think was the owner? and with shipping) assuring me that since I payed with credit card and called early in the morning that my order would ship out that day. After checking tracking information 5 days later, I found out that my order did not go out until Tuesday (and even that I can not confirm with tracking yet) which was 4 days after (at least) than what I was told.
Not a big deal, but if you are counting on something from them arriving when promised, you may want to consider ordering from other vendors?
I have not received my product yet, so I can not comment on quality, etc.
Again, just FYI.
Thanks
Mark
Old Wed 26 March 2014, 09:22
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
Antek quality is pretty good....and the value is about as good as you get.
I know that they are a small shop that is recenlty recovering from a business fire that set them back a few months.

I wouldn't worry. I have been buying from John for 5-6 years.
Old Wed 26 March 2014, 10:25
Tom Ayres
Just call me: Tom #117

Bassett (VA)
United States of America
It took them a week for me to receive my ps but that's not uncommon. Look at as a surprise when you get it
Old Thu 27 March 2014, 03:24
IN-WondeR
Just call me: Kim

Randers
Denmark
I have also bought from Antek.

I live in Denmark, and within a few weeks I recieved mine when I bought..
I might even buy from them again, for my new build...

So don't worry, it will arrive..
Old Thu 27 March 2014, 03:27
Tom Ayres
Just call me: Tom #117

Bassett (VA)
United States of America
Let us know when you get it Mark.
Old Thu 27 March 2014, 04:36
Robert M
Just call me: Robert

Lac-Brome, Qc
Canada
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert M Send a message via Skype™ to Robert M
Jugging.....a little to fast !!!...your not tell us if you called back to inquire why.....and their reply ?!
Old Thu 27 March 2014, 04:49
darren salyer
Just call me: Darren #101

Wentzville mo
United States of America
I ordered from them for #1.
I'll order from them for #2 as well.
Things happen. I'm in a business that deals with homeowners on a daily basis and the worst part of the internet and smart phones is expectations of things happening instantaneously...
Not saying that's the case here, merely that its made me more patient with others.
(Doubt my wife would agree... )
Old Thu 27 March 2014, 05:14
alan254
Just call me: Al #95

mystic ct
United States of America
Bought mine from them they were good

AL
Old Thu 27 March 2014, 13:58
IMMark

Columbus Ohio
United States of America
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M View Post
Jugging.....a little to fast !!!...your not tell us if you called back to inquire why.....and their reply ?!
Not judging at all, as stated...just FYI.
I was told that my purchase would ship out on Friday, didn't ship out until Tuesday? I had to call them to inquire about the delay, I was not offered any reason, explanation nor apology ....just it didn't ship out until Tuesday. And like I stated, not a big deal....but when I am told one thing (and then I make commitments based on that) and others don't live up to their commitments, that can = problems.
Would I order from them again...perhaps (not the end of the world) but if I was on a time sensitive project perhaps not? Hence the reason for my post to give others information.
Mark
Old Thu 27 March 2014, 15:10
Robert M
Just call me: Robert

Lac-Brome, Qc
Canada
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert M Send a message via Skype™ to Robert M
Mark….1srt…..thanks for understanding my moring typo mistakes…..it was early morning, during 1st coffee !!.....still my two eyes…..in the same socket!!

I may have come a little strong on you but bear with me, It was NOT my intention and if you perceived it as…..sorry !
Although, NOW, we can read more detail about this misadventure / delay you had ....“ I had to call them to inquire about the delay, I was not offered any reason, explanation nor apology “ I see more clearly your point !
Some ( you included) would agree, to many times we can read from one that is simply…..and “simplistically” over frustrated about a minor complication !

In my opinion…..Now knowing those details (I was not offered any reason, explanation nor apology ) I understand better your point & I agree it is not a good “business practice” to be.... “non chalent” when a customer calls and is worry….especially in our day & age with social media !

Wishing you better…..services with other venders!
Robert

Last edited by Robert M; Thu 27 March 2014 at 15:13..
Old Thu 27 March 2014, 15:31
IMMark

Columbus Ohio
United States of America
No problem Robert.
And to be honest, far from my worst experience with a vendor for sure!!
Things happen, but a little sympathy or any explanation (even sorry forgot to send it out) on their end would have gone a long way.
More importantly, I hope to have all of my parts and a non-smoking, working power supply very soon!!!!
Take care
Mark
Old Fri 28 March 2014, 16:30
IMMark

Columbus Ohio
United States of America
Just to bring things full circle, the transformer has arrived safe and sound. All looks fine.
Now on with questions, build and questions!
Thanks
Mark

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read