MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > The Market Place
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sun 26 April 2009, 16:49
cnctoybox
Just call me: cnctoybox

Vancouver
Canada
introducing shopcam

http://shopcam.com/

I want to introduce Shopcam and make more people aware of a quality alternative to the very few affordable and functional softwares that are available .
Shopcam has been around for over 20 years and is a proven quality program . Dan Broderick is a software engineer from Michigan , he is a great gentleman who has taken extreme care and pride in creating this program . This software has always been dedicated to the professional and it's price had always reflected that but with recent price changes it has been opened up to a wider range of customers . CNC enthusiasts can now take advantage of a high quality program that is now within the budget of the hobbyist and it's a low cost but valuable tool for the professional .

the CNC Toybox http://cnctoybox.com/ will be offering this program as well as offering support to our customers through email and hopefully within the forums so that others will have information at their finger tips . To assist our customers we will begin creating video tutorials and they will be offered on our site , we are confident that once people see the ease of use with this program they will be up and cutting in no time rather than sitting in the confusion that some budget softwares will cause

There is now a 30 day fully working demo available on the shopcam site so that customers can test the software as well as post code , this way a customer can be 100% confident that they are purchasing a product that will suite their needs.
Customers can also be confident in the integrity of Shopcam because every customer is treated equally , there are no pushy salesmen , no unfair price fluctuations and most of all it has a track record that reaches over 20 years as a quality US made and supported product

A demo can be downloaded here http://shopcam.com/ , the bottom line is the software speaks for itself , to download a demo just enter your email address on the demo page and you will be sent a download link and a 30 day activation code

enjoy !
Old Sun 26 April 2009, 22:18
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
What does Shopcam do? Which other software does it compete with and what does Shopcam do better?
Old Mon 27 April 2009, 11:19
cnctoybox

Vancouver
Canada
shopcam features can be viewed here http://www.shopcam.com/2000features.php
I won't compare it to other softwares for the simple reason that it is poor sportsmanship and it's also unnesessary ., but what I will say that it is much easier to use and far more stable than many of the softwares within the same price range . I think that is is best for anyone who is interested in a software to try the demo , unlike most softwares it will post code in demo mode which will allow people to see the features right down to the finished product . I'm not going to try to fool anyone and say this is a software for everyone , it's never the case , we all have our preferences and needs out of a software package and I would say that this will suite most customers especially those of us in the hobby field . I work in the machining field as well as play at home on my own diy router , i've got other softwares on my personal computer that i used to sell that i can honestly say that i had never made a cut using that software either from frustration of using it or instability and I have dropped them from my site . I love mastercam but I certainly can't afford it for my hobby use Which had brought me to a point of finding a better software for myself . After trying the 30 day demo I decided not only to buy it but to sell it .
For me personally I like the ease of use with the cad portion ,I like being able to snap loads of lines then trim or fillet everything together it's quick and easy

off topic : I know it's not a mechmate but this has been my toy and still ongoing project ,the next one will be the machmate design
Attached Images
File Type: jpg toy.jpg (58.7 KB, 394 views)

Last edited by cnctoybox; Mon 27 April 2009 at 11:28..
Old Mon 27 April 2009, 18:37
normand blais
Just call me: Normand

montreal
Canada
Hi west coast Does your software open .stl .obj .wrml .stp... or only .dxf and .iges ?
Normand
Old Mon 27 April 2009, 18:50
cnctoybox

Vancouver
Canada
at this point it will only open dxf and iges files

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read