MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Miscellaneous hardware and software > Miscellaneous / General / Whatever / Catchall
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 07 July 2009, 08:52
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
Joining Rack with Excess 3M Double Sided Tape

Hi,
Did anyone tried joining racks with 3M double sided tape instead of welding? I am thinking that there will definately be lots of excess tape, maybe can use them productively.

Cheers
Old Tue 07 July 2009, 08:56
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
I think the compliance of the tape would be a problem keeping the rack properly registered from piece to piece. When you apply force to the racks the tape would move slightly. I would weld as per the plans and use the tape only to mount the racks.
Old Tue 07 July 2009, 09:12
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
thanks Heath, wonder where else I can put these tape on MM to good use... There will be quite a bit of excess...
Old Tue 07 July 2009, 09:43
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
Just put some on the chair in front of the workin MM....I can sit and watch this machine do it's thing for hours...
Old Tue 07 July 2009, 14:30
Doug_Ford
Just call me: Doug #3

Conway (Arkansas)
United States of America
I gave some to my wife and told her it was chewing gum. Alas, her jaw muscles are so over developed from billions of hours of talking that the tape just wasn't strong enough to hold her mouth shut.
Old Tue 07 July 2009, 15:02
J.R. Hatcher
Just call me: J.R. #4

Wilmington, North Carolina
United States of America
Send a message via Skype™ to J.R. Hatcher
Doug have you got the mm forum password protected with an impossible to break password ...... I sorry for even thinking you didn't ... because no man in his right mind would say that without it .... sorry
Old Wed 08 July 2009, 20:19
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Brave Man!

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read