MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 19 January 2016, 08:44
Francisr6
Just call me: Francis

Saint Mesmes
France
Bonjour to all from France

I discovered Mechmate this morning and I found this fantastic as this machine is exactly what I am looking for. And having so many people involved in it in this forum gives great pleasure and for sure is of great help. I created a small company in the high-End audio field and we need to machine mdf used to build our speakers boxes. So far we buy this as a service from another company with the inconvenient that we do not have the needed freedom to test and adjust what is needed to be creative. I guess that building Mechmate is time consuming, so I will take it as a long term project with a lot of fun and probably some issues here and there. mdf itself is delivered 1.2 X 2.4 meter so the best would be to machine those foils without to previously having to cut them.

Now I know how to use the blues time I have every night...
Old Tue 19 January 2016, 12:21
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
Francis,
The MDF size requirements you have are similar to the 48" x 96" size here in the states. If you have the space, I would suggest you consider 60" x 120" (5' x 10') as specialty MDF is available in this size too.

Good luck.
Sean
Old Tue 19 January 2016, 16:10
Francisr6

Saint Mesmes
France
Thanks à lot for this suggestion Sean il Will check the weight of such big sheets as we use mainly 22 and 30 mm thick mdf so big sheets could may be be too heavy to be moved by an old chap like me.
Old Thu 21 January 2016, 11:39
smreish

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
Understood with the weight of the sheets. Cheers!
Old Thu 21 January 2016, 14:53
Francisr6

Saint Mesmes
France
MDF sheets storage.

Before to decide about the mechmate size i have to think about the room usage. One point is the new mdf sheets storage. Do you know if someone did modify the mechmate structure building in order to store the mdf, plywood etc. sheets in the lower part of the techmate?

Thanks for your help.
Old Thu 21 January 2016, 20:12
smreish

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
F,
Many machines have the under carriage modified for sheet good storage. I typically had 8-12 sheets store under
mine each week.
Old Fri 22 January 2016, 00:10
Francisr6

Saint Mesmes
France
Thanks a lot Sean this is great, in that case it will be a 60 X 120 '' as you suggested.
Did you post pictures of your table modified for this storage purpose?
Old Fri 22 January 2016, 09:36
smreish

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
I will look in the Threads. I don't have access to my machine anymore to take a photo, but will present links inside the forum when I find them.

http://mechmate.com/forums/showthrea...&postcount=264

Last edited by smreish; Fri 22 January 2016 at 09:38..
Old Sat 23 January 2016, 02:47
Francisr6

Saint Mesmes
France
Thanks a lot this is it...
Now i begin to study the plans...
Old Sun 24 January 2016, 16:07
darren salyer
Just call me: Darren #101

Wentzville mo
United States of America
Mine is 60"x144" with under table storage. I'm sure there are pics in my build thread.
Old Mon 25 January 2016, 02:46
Francisr6

Saint Mesmes
France
Thanks for this Daren, what a very nice Mechmate you have ! You did fantastic job !
probably the next question has already been answered many times on the forum and I am sorry for this. Do you have an idea of the number of hours spent to build yours?
Old Tue 26 January 2016, 11:56
smreish

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
all of my builds took about 3 months.

2 weeks for the controller and electrics
2 weeks for the table build
1 week paint and assembly
4 weeks waiting on the next shipment of parts that I forgot to order the first time.
2 weeks test and adjust to make work perfectly.

If you have everything in a shop and ready to go...about 4 weeks
Old Tue 26 January 2016, 14:16
Francisr6

Saint Mesmes
France
Thanks a lot Sean, you mean 8 hours a day ?
Old Fri 29 January 2016, 13:12
smreish

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
not 8hrs a day....more like 3 or so....
If you are trying to do as quick as possible, which I did once...I managed to weld, wire and build the entire table in about 14 days straight.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read