MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > General - MM Build
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 16 April 2008, 04:34
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
Thanks Gerald, I suppose each one will be a seperate order. Wonder if there is a way that Gecko can supply me with a PMDX in the SAME parcel..that could save on some postage back to SA.
Old Wed 16 April 2008, 05:27
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
It will also save postage if you can club a few SA guys together and re-distribute once the parcel reaches here.

One tip I can give, is to use a personal address in SA and not a company address. Our Customs experts believe that companies have money and so they scrutinise things addressed to companies for import duty and VAT to be added on this side.
Old Wed 16 April 2008, 06:01
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
...or know a friend who will gladly ship UPS or Fedex for them. I Understand Sean @ CamCraft is putting together another order of parts. Talk to Sean and see what the time frame is....you could piggyback that order if your nice!

Sean
Old Wed 16 April 2008, 06:12
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
Thanks, will e-mail Sean right away.
Old Wed 16 April 2008, 06:16
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
I think that Sean_D of CamCraft changed his mind when he realised that he was newly engaged to be married.
Old Wed 16 April 2008, 06:56
CAM Craft
Just call me: Sean D

Cape Town
South Africa
Hi Sean, it seems you never received my email of apology on the 2nd of April, and explanation why i have pulled out of organising crate#2
Here is a reply i sent to eager Kobus few minutes ago

“I let my old man (and others) know a while ago that i have pulled out on doing this. He has just phoned to double check my decision. I'm still not in a financial position to buy my (large) wish list and neither have the energy to sort out who owes what for postage, shipment and import duties etc. I may reconsider only to add my wish list (scaled down) to someone else's crate later this winter.

Any other volunteers to organise the paper work?”

Sorry for the confusion.
Old Wed 16 April 2008, 11:51
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
I couldn't think of a better reason to spend money on the right "project". Congrats on your engagement. Hey maybe you can talk you dad into making you that #3 machine as a wedding gift!

Good luck on the wedding stuff - it's a blast!
Old Wed 16 April 2008, 12:21
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Jeesh, had to edit that post.
Old Wed 16 April 2008, 14:16
Alan_c
Just call me: Alan (#11)

Cape Town (Western Cape)
South Africa
Send a message via Skype™ to Alan_c
Kobus

You can also try CNC direct for the Geckos, I got mine from them for not much more than bringing them in myself and he is willing to exchange if something goes wrong, he also supplies what seems to be a very neat BOB, slightly more expensive than the PMDX but maybe worth a look (its also a little bit smaller). I have one to build into my second machine but I suppose I must get the first one finished first

I had no problems with him getting the goodies to me here in the sticks even though we had to use SA Post Office.

Sean_D - congrats on the sentence I mean engagement, now the fun begins
Old Wed 16 April 2008, 22:29
CAM Craft
Just call me: Sean D

Cape Town
South Africa
Haha
Old Wed 16 April 2008, 23:04
Kobus_Joubert

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Thanks guys, and all the best Sean, may your kids enjoy working on your MM one day.
Old Thu 17 April 2008, 16:48
Doug_Ford
Just call me: Doug #3

Conway (Arkansas)
United States of America
Congrats on your upcoming nuptials Sean_D.
Old Thu 17 April 2008, 19:05
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Sean D,
Congratulation on the upcoming wedding. Dont let the other guys get to you, being married is wonderful. At least that is what my wife tells me to say.

Heath
Old Thu 17 April 2008, 23:49
Roadkill_321
Just call me: John #7

Wiseton, Saskatchewan
Canada
Sean_D,

Congratulations on your wedding plans. I'm in the same boat as you, 2 months to the big day.

John
Old Sat 19 April 2008, 18:31
Doug_Ford
Just call me: Doug #3

Conway (Arkansas)
United States of America
Sean_D,

I dated a million girls in high school and college and built a really bad reputation for myself. Finally found the right woman and haven't been interested in anyone else since. 28 years later and I'm still crazy about her. Marriage is great.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read