MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Miscellaneous hardware and software > Test Area for this forum
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sun 20 May 2007, 10:15
Admin
Just call me: Mike

Alabama
United States of America
Anyone else finding that they could register, but not post?

One regular from the old forum has just reported that he can't post here, even though he registered okay. (If I look at the member list, he is 100% okay here).

Who else might be having this problem? (This is not a ploy to get you to post - just look at the box bottom left and it tells you there if you can post or not). Use the "Contact us" link at bottom right to tell me.
Old Sun 20 May 2007, 11:43
Admin

Alabama
United States of America
Our friend with the problem has posted since...
Old Sun 20 May 2007, 13:15
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Two of the reported problems so far seem to be due to fact this forum does not remember your log-in from session to session unless you check the "Remember Me" box next to your username when logging in. Most of us would happily click the Remember Me once and never have to do it again. A small minority might be concerned that someone else is going to use their computer and make "unauthorised" posts to this forum - then don't check the Remember Me.

(The old forum's default was to remember unless you specifically turned it off - most didn't)
Attached Images
File Type: gif Clipboard01.gif (14.9 KB, 73 views)
Old Sun 20 May 2007, 13:54
Admin

Alabama
United States of America
Somebody has just mailed me to say that even though he is logged in, he cannot see another member's "profile" by clicking on the (underlined) names. (The imported posts don't have links to profiles). Anybody else that sees nothing when they click on my name in this post?

And, if you click on my name, you should see a PM (private message) option (upper right) - anybody not seeing this?
Old Sun 20 May 2007, 15:57
Evan
Just call me: Evan

Novato, CA
United States of America
Seems to work for me. Good work Gerald.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read