MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 28 December 2009, 18:21
Rich8449
Just call me: Rich

CT
United States of America
Rich from Connecticut (U.S.)

Hi Everyone,
I've been wanting a CNC Router for a very long time. Only recently have I considered doing a build. In the past few weeks I have been spending a lot of time lurking around on the CNCZone DIY forum. A few days ago I was reading a comment from a veteran DIY'er who stated that his next build was going to be a MechMate. That was the first time I'd seen a reference to MechMate so naturally I came over here to check it out for myself. I'm quite impressed! I am still in the learning / planning stage but I've already downloaded the drawings and I have to say that of course Gerald has done an amazing job with the engineering side of things... He's also done an outstanding job maintaining the site and moderating the forum. I'm really looking forward to getting started and being an active member of the MechMate community!

I tend to do a lot of research so I probably won't start a build thread for awhile. I've been reading this forum non-stop but I still have a lot of reading to do. Just thought I'd start out by thanking everyone for their contributions. You guys are a great group of people!!

Thanks,
Rich
Old Mon 28 December 2009, 18:32
jhiggins7
Just call me: John #26

Hebron, Ohio
United States of America
Welcome, Rich.

You are on the right track...read...read...read. I lurked for a year before beginning my build.

Good luck.
Old Mon 28 December 2009, 19:53
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Welcome Rich, if you like research, there is plenty to be had.
Old Tue 29 December 2009, 00:08
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Rich,

Most of spend some time on the site before we start building. There is a lot of material here to read and there is so much more since I built my machine. Good luck.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read