MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 15 February 2007, 19:45
fabrica
Just call me:

Gerald, When you look at my last photo, The X=0 and Y=0 is at the extreme left corner (on the side where you see a open window and through which you would see some banana trees).

This machine will not be located in this place for more than another month. We are putting up a building for that purpose. This baby definitly deserves a better location than this junk room.
Old Thu 15 February 2007, 21:54
Gerald_D
Just call me:

The operator of the machine will spend most of the time at the 0,0 corner, or along the x=0 edge. From there he must have good visibility of the cutter, but I think your cable chain causes some obstruction. This is our view from 0,0. (Also consider the dust foot & pipe orientation.)
Old Fri 16 February 2007, 03:20
fabrica
Just call me:

Yes Gerald, You have a point here. I will get the cable shifted to the otherside. I am awaiting the arrival of the cableway shipment. What I have used is the little that I had available with me.
Old Fri 16 February 2007, 03:47
Gerald_D
Just call me:

If you move the cableway to the other side, then it will collide with the y-motor. You need to swop the y-motor and cableway with each other. Leave the router and y-car as it is.

While you are fiddling with the cables, I would suggest to increase the size of the earth/ground wires. We use about 10mm2 meaning the copper part is more than 4mm in diameter. I know it sounds hard to believe, but I am simply following the practice on other industrial equipment - very thick ground wires for absolute lowest resistance.
Old Fri 16 February 2007, 03:52
Gerald_D
Just call me:

Were your stepper motors open on the back? I strongly suggest you put a label/tape over those holes because the dust gets into the bearings. That hole traps dust and your operator will try to blow it out with compressed air - he will force the trapped dust into the bearing. (I had to replace bearings on my first stepper motors because of dust).
Old Fri 16 February 2007, 22:51
fabrica
Just call me:

Yes, They were open in the back. I will seal it today.
Old Sat 17 February 2007, 05:20
fabrica
Just call me:

The Z axis from the front.

The underside of the Gantry and the X rail.

Machine with logo on the Gantry.

Control box with logo.

The Y car with logo.
Old Sat 17 February 2007, 05:38
DocTanner
Just call me:

Fabrica,

Well done!!! A very nice looking machine.

DocTanner
Old Sat 17 February 2007, 06:38
fabrica
Just call me:

Thanks Doc, I hope you too too are progressing well with your machine.
Old Sat 17 February 2007, 06:50
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap.
Congratulations, it has been a pleasure to fallow your thread from the beginning to this relevant moment. I have been so interested in your progress that I am going to miss your commentaries. Hope you don't desist of the laser idea .
Regards and success.
Hugo Carradini
Old Sat 17 February 2007, 07:05
fabrica
Just call me:

How in the world can you miss my commentaries. I would always be their to share my experiances with you guys.
Old Sat 17 February 2007, 07:12
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

Ha Ha Ha, good answer.
Old Sat 17 February 2007, 09:02
Gerald_D
Just call me:

This thread has a new title.
Old Sat 17 February 2007, 09:42
fabrica
Just call me:

Gerald, What's it goin to sound like?
Old Sat 17 February 2007, 10:03
Gerald_D
Just call me:

It is already changed - look at the list of threads and now you will see this one:

My project completed! - Fabrica (Sri Lanka) - Serial No. 1
Old Sat 17 February 2007, 15:23
fabrica
Just call me:

Thanks For the Title, Gerald. It's a honour.
Old Wed 14 March 2007, 10:22
Irfanulla
Just call me:

Hello Fabrica,

Any pictures of your 4 th axis in progress.......

Regards
Irfan
Old Wed 14 March 2007, 21:41
fabrica
Just call me:

I will upload some pics today. I have turned out most of the parts. Just a matter of assembling them.
Old Wed 14 March 2007, 22:26
Irfanulla
Just call me:

Thats great Fabrica, what software are you going to use to generate the Gcode for the 4 axis. Artcam?

are you using another gecko to power your 4th. axis stepper?

Nice to know u here....some day i will fly to srilanka and meet you.

Let me complete my router first.

Thanks in Advance for the photos you are going to post.

CYA
Old Fri 16 March 2007, 19:21
Greg J
Just call me:

Fabric,
WOW, very nice work. I'm new here and have just started the process (printing plans, ordered the laser cut parts, etc. etc.)

I hope my finished mech mate is half as good as yours. I'm already changing the round supports on the base to boxed members.
Old Sat 17 March 2007, 04:00
Irfanulla
Just call me:

Fabricaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Photos please........you know your photos will influence design of my router, pls do post the photos.......

Thanks in Advance
IRfan
Old Thu 29 March 2007, 08:01
Gerald_D
Just call me:

We only needed 4 runs and still had 5 wickets.....and then Malinga! Did you stay up to watch?
Old Mon 02 April 2007, 04:37
fabrica
Just call me:

I was unable to watch the match since I was in Singapore on that day and in that country they never show cricket matches. Anyway I was told that it was a pretty interesting game.

Our country is becomming quite famous for comming out with bowlers who tend to have unique bowling actions. Yesterday night Chris Gayle did not know what was being thrown at him.
Old Tue 01 May 2007, 06:56
fabrica
Just call me:

This is a door design which I did with MDF

Old Tue 01 May 2007, 08:57
Kim Mortensen
Just call me:

nice work fabricia....
Old Tue 01 May 2007, 12:37
fabrica
Just call me:

Thanks Kim.
Old Tue 01 May 2007, 12:56
Gerald_D
Just call me:

Hi Fabrica, of course I was cheering for your team on Saturday - you did very well! The door is nice too!

How are your machines numbers 2 and 3 coming along? Any laser fireworks yet?
Old Tue 01 May 2007, 18:36
David Rosenbleeth
Just call me:

Fabrica: That type of design begs for three dimensional (2.5 to the purists!)execution. That does, of course, mean that the machining time goes up severely, but so does the value. If you do not have the software to model this and would like to see what can be done with it send me the dxf and I will play with it a bit and send it back to you as a relief. I have a little extra free time right now and wouldn't mind the "assignment".

Dave
Old Tue 01 May 2007, 22:22
fabrica
Just call me:

Gerald, these Aussies are super Humans maybe we should ban them from playing international for a few years until the rest of the nations play catchup with them.

I still have not started on the 2nd and 3rd machines. I have got down the laser (60 Watt, universal U.S.A). These days making the mount to fix laser on to the existing Y car. If any guy is interested in getting to know more about this project please let me know.

David, Thanks for your kind thoughts I will send the dxf file to you tomorrow. Today it's a Holiday in Sri Lanka.
Old Wed 02 May 2007, 06:51
Arthur Ransom
Just call me:

How about starting a seperate section on the laser?

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read