MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sun 11 September 2011, 18:08
ben1272
Just call me: Ben

Andover, MA
United States of America
Talking Just bought the plans - Andover, MA

Hello to everyone.

What a great place to learn! I just paid for the .pdf plan set and am now anxiously awaiting its arrival. Mine will likely be a slow build, but I think it will make a good winter garage project. Not sure what size just yet, but probably a machine capable of handling at least a 4x8' sheet of plywood etc.

Next up will probably buy the laser cut/bent parts. I think this will be fun to assemble! I will try to share photos of my progress, though not sure when I will get strated in earnest. Have to clear a spot in the garage for starters!

Regards,

Ben
Old Sun 11 September 2011, 19:26
TechGladiator
Just call me: Miguel #94

Randolph, NJ
United States of America
Hey Ben;

Welcome to the forums. I bought the plans myself a couple of days ago and I cant wait to get started !.

Good Luck
Miguel
Old Mon 12 September 2011, 01:27
southernduckie
Just call me: Andrew (Duckie)

new south wales
Australia
welcome

Hi Ben and Miguel,

Welcome if you need help do some searching, and if you still need help just ask there are plenty of helpful people here that are a great resource.

I started the electronics first you still have room to move and its a big cost to get out of the way, that table takes up plenty of room

Happy building, Andrew

P.S. Winter, if you don't know its going onto summer for us people on the right side of the globe
Old Mon 12 September 2011, 04:31
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
Hey! I alway thought that the right side of the earth is were winter never show!

Welcome!

I do agree with Andrew, the steel is the least cost of the whole build, even if you cost in the welder...
Old Mon 12 September 2011, 11:43
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Welcome to the team !!

Glad to have more folks joining the ranks to build a MechMate.
Old Mon 12 September 2011, 12:34
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Welcome Ben!

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read