MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 06 June 2013, 00:17
Change
Just call me: Kevin

Springs
South Africa
Hi there, absolute newbie here

Hi Guys

I can see that this is an awesome place to ask for advice and that this is a good group of people willing to help.

In advance I say thank you for possible answers to all my silly questions and the patience that will come with that.

I am absolutely new to anything here, I dont know where to start, how to weld or what is what.
I have access to smebody that has an engineering company that said he will help where he can.

I need to build a machine that can take a full sheet of MDF 2750mm x 1830mm, I dont know if I simply take the default sizes on the plans and start building ans sourcing items.

Also, Is there maybe a thread with physical step by step pictures etc ?

I want to build this machine somehow because I am unemployed now for almost 2 years and believe I can maybe make a living with a MM Blue Horse of a machine.
I have a Makita Router and hopefully I can use this in the machine.

Anything will help and pointing in the right direction can help even more.
I am always eager to learn.

I am from South Africa, Gauteng if there is anybody close by maybe.

Thank you in advance people.

Francois
Old Thu 06 June 2013, 00:38
Alan_c
Just call me: Alan (#11)

Cape Town (Western Cape)
South Africa
Send a message via Skype™ to Alan_c
Welcome, not sure if its Kevin or Francois.

The best thing is to start reading the various threads on the parts of the machine and then read through as many build threads as you can to get the feel of how it all goes together, and then read some more :-)

Kobus is close to you, read his build thread here: http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686

Last edited by Alan_c; Thu 06 June 2013 at 00:40.. Reason: added link
Old Thu 06 June 2013, 04:53
hennie
Just call me: Hennie #23

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Welkom.
Old Thu 06 June 2013, 05:45
Change
Just call me: Kevin

Springs
South Africa
Hi Guys

Thank you en dankie...

I was just thinking, I have an edge-banding machine here, either for sale or to trade if someone can help me build a MM financially or swop for a already built MM machine, perfect machine if you do kitchens etc.
thanks...
Old Thu 06 June 2013, 22:36
hennie
Just call me: Hennie #23

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
E-mail my ek sal jou help.
Old Sun 09 June 2013, 20:00
Red_boards
Just call me: Red #91

Melbourne
Australia
Kevin,
I had no skills when I started, but the help on the site (and a lot of bad welding) got me through. If you read and then have questions people will help.
Red
Old Tue 11 June 2013, 15:17
marko cro
Just call me: Marko #107

Dakovo
Croatia
Hi and welcome Kevin.

I'm newbie to have my own MechMate,and never before had any skills, but as everybody here, you will learn along the way.
I suggest to make a 3D model which will be an entry point in the MM. Step by step you will understand more and more and then the welding comes, which I found most fun job, and so on.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read