MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Miscellaneous hardware and software > Miscellaneous / General / Whatever / Catchall
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 27 November 2009, 11:25
cab. guy
Just call me: Ron

Boise,Id.
United States of America
Any cabinet makers in the room?

Its nice to see others work especially in foreign countries. I enjoy seeing the different woods and styles being used.I'm not authorized to post in Mechmates Already Cutting so Ill show some of our cnc work here.

The innocuous looking cat you see in one of the photos is not with the welcoming committee.As you reach to pet the little kitty's head,without so much as a growl,little kitty seized your hand in its mouth with hostile intent.With bloody hand ,I asked the owner if this cat was gifted to him by his mother in law.Apparently he was close to his mother in law and failed to see the humor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dan Farr House 004 (Small).jpg (36.2 KB, 314 views)
File Type: jpg Dan Farr House 003 (Small).jpg (37.7 KB, 313 views)
File Type: jpg Dan Farr House 005 (Small).jpg (38.2 KB, 311 views)
File Type: jpg Dan Farr House 010 (Small).jpg (29.0 KB, 315 views)
File Type: jpg Dan Farr House 008 (Small).jpg (32.1 KB, 314 views)
File Type: jpg Mark&Jeri Wennstrom 001 (Small).jpg (34.8 KB, 313 views)
File Type: jpg Mark&Jeri Wennstrom 002 (Small).jpg (35.9 KB, 312 views)
File Type: jpg Mark&Jeri Wennstrom 005 (Small).jpg (35.9 KB, 312 views)
File Type: jpg Mark&Jeri Wennstrom 006 (Small).jpg (34.4 KB, 312 views)
File Type: jpg Mark&Jeri Wennstrom 003 (Small) (2).jpg (27.9 KB, 313 views)
Old Fri 27 November 2009, 11:47
Alan_c
Just call me: Alan (#11)

Cape Town (Western Cape)
South Africa
Send a message via Skype™ to Alan_c
Hey, wow - superb work (my Wife just says Yes Yes Yes, a bit like Meg Ryan in the scene from the movie "When Harry met Sally" ... know what I'm refering to? )

Are the white doors in the first Kitchen solid wood frame and panel or MDF?

Do you do the whole installation or sub out things like backspalsh tiling, counter tops, plumbing, lighting, appliance installation and flooring?
Old Fri 27 November 2009, 12:57
cab. guy

Boise,Id.
United States of America
Hi Alan,
Ive had good responses,but this will become my flag ship response.Ill hang it in my office. Thank you!

The glazed island is produced with poplar wood and mdf panels (very stable).
I started remodeling at age 15 some 37 yrs. ago. In remodel you do everything yourself.As Ive gotten older, for me Ive found it to be more profitable to hire out certain mundane jobs,those you mentioned and focus on the millwork.If you need some cabinet dxf I have excellent cabinet software.The cabinets are tongue and grove that practically construct themselves after the route.You can run this idea past my new favorite critic.Feel free to Pm me anytime. Ron.
Old Fri 27 November 2009, 14:42
Claudiu
Just call me: Claus #43

Arad
Romania
Hi Ron,
absolutely beautyful work you did there. It`s amazing what you can do with a router.
I just cant wait to see mine working.
I also like the stair thing(I don`t know what it`s called exactly)

Greetings
Claus
Old Fri 27 November 2009, 17:40
cab. guy

Boise,Id.
United States of America
Claus,
I see you like to dirt bike with your son,great sport.I brought are daughter up on a dirt bike,we had fun. No cultural barriers there.Ive built swimming pools,custom aquariums,custom spas,Various buildings,passenger elevators hands on.I was pleased by the outcome of all these projects,but the most rewarding to date would have to be building a machine from scratch.Your going to love it. Here we call it a stair case.
Old Sat 28 November 2009, 08:01
Claudiu
Just call me: Claus #43

Arad
Romania
Ron,
yes, exactly ...stair case...now I remember....once my english was better.
What I like in this forum, you meet all kind of friendly, openminded multi-culti people, all around the world, with multifaceted interests and activities... this is great. As you said: No cultural barriers.
Even I am a dentist...but meanwhile I do everything else but this. Adding spots of colours every day makes a canvas a picture.

Greetings
Claus
Old Sat 28 November 2009, 13:07
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
Nice work, Hennie is also in the same game....but he sleeps most of the time, and does not show us all his work.
Old Sun 29 November 2009, 00:39
hennie
Just call me: Hennie #23

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Kobus I actually got it from you I hear that you are making things but we also don`t see them.Market is dead so there isn`t much to show, might have something by the end of the week.
Old Sun 29 November 2009, 00:52
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Ron ,what is the brown granite called and from what part of the world does it come from?.We have a similar ganite with the same colour and grain that comes from Namibia caled Giallo Namib
Old Sun 29 November 2009, 12:10
cab. guy

Boise,Id.
United States of America
Thumbs up

Hennie,
Are you and Kobus from the same mutual admiration society?By the way nice looking daughters.I remember yesterday, ours was the same size,today shes in her last year of college.
That granite there was supported by others,good thing,the kid that measured was 3" short. He forgot to add for overhang.That $3,000 usd slab was done twice.Sometimes there are benefits to being an employee.
I don't know how that granite was labeled. Most kitchens and baths use brown tones because of neutrality characteristics.We had a few days between jobs ,so I made these night stands with head board. I'm waiting to receive the 3cm chipped edge venetian gold tops.Sorry to read about your high unemployment rate. We too have a Disastrous unemployment problem,Most cabinet shops here are already out of business. Unemployment here is 2-3 times what your reading.Our govt is running around trying to shore up confidence in the US reserve dollar.(what a joke)
Hennie ,you do very nice work. There's one open vanity that caught my eye.It looks like 4cm wooden planks,Its nice. Are open vanities very typical in SA , or is that your personal style.I sometimes hang Desks and hutches off the floor (my personal taste).I see your using some solid mdf fronts,they look greatI havent found a job for them yet ,but I know its coming,Ill have questions.Thanks,Ron.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg personal items 001 (Small).jpg (38.6 KB, 226 views)
File Type: jpg personal items 002 (Small).jpg (38.6 KB, 225 views)
File Type: jpg personal items 003 (Small).jpg (42.7 KB, 224 views)
Old Sun 29 November 2009, 21:23
hennie

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Ron most of what ever we make is made out of mdf and then it gets painted hand painted or sprayed.I think that vanity was made out of 32 mm veneered crown mahogany with a solid edge and then stained dark it also depends which decorator we work with.I must say that the MM is the only machine currently being used in my shop, I managed to diversify it to something where it is a busness on its own.The main thing is that I save on labour.Currently it is a risk to work for building contractors as one never knows if you would get paid have three bad ones on the books at the moment. I like the solid look of your work we hardly get the chance to do solid raised panel doors .

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read