MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sat 24 September 2011, 20:50
james burrus
Just call me: james

new jersey
United States of America
cutting cabinets parts

is their some one who is cutting cabinets parts with their mechmate
Old Sat 24 September 2011, 22:11
timberlinemd
Just call me: Steve #66

Arizona
United States of America
Yes,
I have spent time creating a program to interface with my machine to cut cabinet parts. Now, only if someone would need cabinets!
Old Sun 25 September 2011, 01:47
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
James,

Are you asking your question because you are not sure the MM will be able to handle making cabinet parts?

I am test cutting 0.75x4x8 sheets of black melamine for a local manufacturer of old style video games.

Steve, I would like to hear more about you program.
Old Sun 25 September 2011, 06:05
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Quick Google - http://www.woodweb.com/Resources/RSS...onnection.html

I can't remember but somewhere we talk about these cabinet software programs.
Old Sun 25 September 2011, 08:59
timberlinemd
Just call me: Steve #66

Arizona
United States of America
Nils,
Back in the '80's when I had a custom cabinet shop, I was blown away by a new program called 'CabinetWare' that I saw at a trade show. I was young and broke and could not justify its cost at the time. In the mid 90's I revisited this market and demo'd CabinetWare, CabinetVision and KCW, still pretty pricey, but more importantly each had limits as to what I expected the software would do. I decided to see how hard it would be for me to developed my own in-house software. I found a CAD program that had a open API so I was able to use it's CAD engine to interface to my GUI (graphical user interface). I learned C++ and began a long adventure into the world of cabinet manufacturing programming. At the turn of the century, Thermwood introduced a FREE program called eCabinets and I adopted it pretty quickly. When I decided to build my MM I knew eCabinets had proprietory code to only interface it's cut list to the Thermwood CNC's and did not use G-codes. So I dusted off my program, added a nesting feature, contacted another programmer of the CAD software who added CAM support in G-code and interfaced that into my program. So, now I have a program that will design, provided nested parts and create the G-code to send to MACH all in one action. Because I do not have a ATC and changing tools would slow down production, I have programmed the G-code to use a 1/4" upcut spiral bit to drill the shelf holes, plow the 3/4" or 5/8" dados and cut out the parts in one continuous operation. Pretty cool, huh?
I'm sure that the commercial programs I mentioned, except eCabinets, will do the same thing, for a price!!

Last edited by timberlinemd; Sun 25 September 2011 at 09:12.. Reason: Added content
Old Sun 25 September 2011, 11:59
james burrus

new jersey
United States of America
Nils, I did not start building my mechmate, but I do cabinets and builded Inns
I am new to the form and I need help to get started and who to get parts from

Mike thank you for the wood web link
Old Sun 25 September 2011, 12:06
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
I'm your parts man !!
Old Tue 27 September 2011, 16:32
GC3
Just call me: Eugene Beaufort Crain III

San Jose del Cabo
Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
Quick Google - http://www.woodweb.com/Resources/RSS...onnection.html

I can't remember but somewhere we talk about these cabinet software programs.
cabinet parts pro http://www.cabinetpartspro.com/
Old Tue 27 September 2011, 18:17
lunaj76
Just call me: Justin #24

Littleton, (Colorado)
United States of America
Send a message via Skype™ to lunaj76
James,

I am cutting cabinet parts with my M/M. I have been using cabinetpartspro and V-CarvePro. If you have any questions I would be happy to give you my 2 cents.

Justin
Old Tue 27 September 2011, 21:07
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Justin,
Was wondering if you were using the free version or needed to get the full pro version to make it worthwhile?
Old Tue 27 September 2011, 21:44
lunaj76
Just call me: Justin #24

Littleton, (Colorado)
United States of America
Send a message via Skype™ to lunaj76
Heath,

Free version won't nest more than I think 5 cabinets or 5 sheets. There is some getting used to how everything works. I like it for the price and would recommend it. I have not tried to cut using its g code generator because I like to use V-carvepro. A work around the 5 sheets or 5 cabinets (I can't remember) is to just nest one cabinet at time and then save that nest as a DFX then import all those files into vcarve pro. I think that would work on the free version. I make cabinets and do trim work for a living so to me the purchase was well worth it. I just cut a kitchen for my brother some 20 boxes and they came out great.

Justin
Old Wed 28 September 2011, 17:54
james burrus

new jersey
United States of America
Justin Thats, what I wont to do, cut cabinets parts, Thank you for your Input
I will be talking to you.

heath Cutting up a hole Kitchen, I like that Very much
You guys have it together with your software.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read