MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts

Old Sat 23 July 2011, 11:10
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
I like your Cheval Mirror Jimmy....and the golf stuff is also looking fantastic.
I gather you will have a 13 inch wheel on the lathe axis that will turn at speed with the AC motor.
I don't see any problem as long as it is balanced...which i should be.
I used my 4th axis again today....Man I like this thing.
Good luck with the indexer
Old Sun 18 December 2011, 06:22
fredjr
Just call me: jimmy #65

pensacola florida
United States of America
Update on indexer

Hello mechmates, Time to catch up on the indexer. I have finished it. Had some pictures of the progress but got misplaced. These are of the final constrution.Did get a three jaw chuck from Grizzly. Decided to use belt drive(4:1). The idler and belt adjuster are off VW timing belt jobs. Still have the ac motor for sanding, but with only one speed.The only thing that i have cut is PVC pipe and broom sticks. Thanks Jimmy

Old Sun 18 December 2011, 08:42
HomeMadeCnc
Just call me: Tim

Calgary, Alberta
Canada
Thanks 4 posting, I'm wrestling with the same idea now. I'd also like to put a platter with a 90 degree mounted indexer on it. Somewhere midspan I think. The it does for you the more the ideas come for the next mod! My water cooled spindle is next on mine.

Cheers
Tim

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts