MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts

Old Sun 04 April 2010, 19:27
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
Looking good! Now the hard work is really over. you will be making dust real soon.
Old Mon 05 April 2010, 01:19
Alan_c
Just call me: Alan (#11)

Cape Town (Western Cape)
South Africa
Send a message via Skype™ to Alan_c
Looking very good Jimmy. I see you have had to move some of your existing machines outside to make place for the MechMate.

ps why the cage around the pool, is that to keep the crocks/alligators from taking uninvited swims?
Old Mon 05 April 2010, 05:15
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Jimmy,

Your machine is looking very good.

Alan, the screening (cage) is used to keep out the bugs and leaves. Almost all the pools in homes have them. When the last group of hurricans hit Florida in 2004, there was lots of aluminum being thrown out because the cages got hit bad.
Old Wed 07 April 2010, 19:16
fredjr
Just call me: jimmy #65

pensacola florida
United States of America
Alan, Moving the mechmate home forced me to rearrange everything in the shop and a chance to clean up. If the crocks/alligators want to swim in my pool then that cage won't stop them. Like its been said before . Where do alligators/crocks swim ? Anywhere they want. Thanks Jimmy
Old Sun 18 July 2010, 05:16
fredjr

pensacola florida
United States of America
Northwest Fl. build

Hello Mechmates. About time to catch up on my build to this point in time.The machine is up and running but is not a 100% finished. My last picture posted is it going into my shop at home. I did take pictures as it was going together but somehow they got lost. After a lot of manual jogs and air cuts I was ready to turn the router on to cut the roadrunner. The program came on the the router came on and ran for a few seconds and shut off. It would not run for more than that amount of time. It went to the repair shop in May and I just got it back this month. It was still in warranty.But I still had a lot to do and learn.I tried to install the home and limit switches with the parts that Sean used but could not get it to work so I went the way of Gerald . Just got to know were your at on the table. I do have the router back on the table now and can cut the roadrunner. Have cut it many times with a few mistakes. It was really good to see it work.I have made a viedo of it cutting the roadrunner to submit for a serial number. Will do that after I learn how to post a viedo. Then the decals will go on. Thanks to gerald for making this all possible. Its been good meeting some of you in person. Like Nils, Sean and Doug Ford. It also seems that I know some of you thur your post and pictures. I my not post a lot but do read this site alot. Here are a few pictures of the roadrunner and a couple of mistakes.
Thanks Jimmy

Old Sun 18 July 2010, 05:27
jhiggins7
Just call me: John #26

Hebron, Ohio
United States of America
Hey Jimmy...almost there! Looking good.

I see paint and it's cutting. Let's see those logos. Then it's Serial Number time!
Old Sun 18 July 2010, 05:45
Regnar
Just call me: Russell #69

Mobile, Alabama
United States of America
Jimmy table is looking good. I will be up in Pensacola on Tuesday for Advance Composite School. If you would like I can stop by and help out with the limit and home switches. I did a bench test here and had everything up and running in no time. The course is 3 weeks long so anytime in there should be ok.
Old Sun 18 July 2010, 10:33
sailfl

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Jimmy

Slap on the logos and lets get you a serial number. Good to see you have it up and running.
Old Sun 18 July 2010, 18:54
fredjr

pensacola florida
United States of America
Northwest Fl. build

Hello again. Thanks John will get the decals on the first of this week. Nils , looks like you and Sean are the ambassadors in Fl. for the mechmate. Thanks from all of us. Russell , I will send you a pm. Thanks all Jimmy
Old Tue 20 July 2010, 05:09
fredjr

pensacola florida
United States of America
Northwest Florida build

Hello again. Here are some pictures of the MM with the decals on i will try to load a viedo of it cutting the roadrunner Thanks Jimmy

Old Tue 20 July 2010, 08:54
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Congrats - Great looking machine. He wants to wait a few numbers before he gets a S/N .... But great build !!!!
Old Tue 20 July 2010, 13:58
fredjr

pensacola florida
United States of America
movie

Hello ,guess the show did not work. Will try again later. Jimmy
Old Sat 24 July 2010, 15:40
Regnar

Mobile, Alabama
United States of America
Jimmy you will have running limits and homing switches tomorrow. Found out the little thing that we where missing.
Old Sat 24 July 2010, 20:28
fredjr

pensacola florida
United States of America
Home and limit switches

Russell. Thanks and look forward to tomorrow. Thanks Jimmy
Old Sun 25 July 2010, 18:42
fredjr

pensacola florida
United States of America
Home and limit swiches

Russell:
Just to let you know that I appreciate what you have done for me this weekend. It was good to see the home and limit switches work. What was really good to see, was you working it out in your mind. I did replace the GFCI wall outlet after that big lightning bolt and the computer and control box were okay. It was an experience watching you with all your expertise. Hope to see and talk to you again.

Thanks,
Jimmy

P.S. to Nils: There were at least two MM builders, so there will be pictures forthcoming.
Old Sun 25 July 2010, 20:23
Regnar

Mobile, Alabama
United States of America
Jimmy, I had a great time. If it wasnt for Mach there wouldnt have been any thinking just doing

Glad everything survived the lightning attack. Before I go I will have to get over there with my usb drive and maybe we can cut something out.
Old Mon 26 July 2010, 05:00
sailfl

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Jimmy / Russell,

It is great that two FL MM builders could get together and help each other and to work together. I wish I could have been there.

Now, Russell your MM needs to be cutting.
Old Mon 26 July 2010, 19:37
fredjr

pensacola florida
United States of America
Hangin in the shadows

Nils. It was more Russell helping me. He was here Saturday and Sunday and the only thing he would accept was a glass of water. He is a really smart young guy and has his head on straight. A real joy to have around. Russell, when are you coming back. Thanks all Jimmy
Old Sun 15 August 2010, 05:45
fredjr

pensacola florida
United States of America
hangin in the shadows

Hello Mechmates: Last Saturday Russell was able to come back over to my home and we were able to do some test cuts on the mm. With Russells knowledge he was able to make some adjustments to the mach 3 program that I did not know about. As usual with a new machine there were loose set screws on the pinions. And need to do some leveling of the rails. The stop and limit switches work real well.Russell showed me his Vectric V-carve program. That was what we used to make our cuts. I even got to program a cut.That program is really cool. Boy what a mess mdf is. First project is a dust foot. I already have a dust collestion system in place so just a matter of connecting the hoses. Here are some pictures of what went on that day. I can't think Russell enough for the time he put in with me. Those days were worth a good year on my on. I did order the v-carve program last Friday night and played with it most of the Saturday. Today I cut something on my on. Happy chips and may the broken bits be cheap ones. Thanks Jimmy

Old Sun 15 August 2010, 07:40
MetalHead

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Jimmy - what are the dimensions on that control box?
Old Sun 15 August 2010, 09:05
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Mike, never mind the control box, give the man a number!
Old Sun 15 August 2010, 12:31
MetalHead

Columbiana AL
United States of America
He is holding out for 65 !!!
Old Sun 15 August 2010, 12:56
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Oh yes, thanks for reminding me.
Old Sun 15 August 2010, 12:58
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
But, why not give him the #65 now?
Old Sun 15 August 2010, 13:25
MetalHead

Columbiana AL
United States of America
I figured I would not skip forward since we have quite a few machines on the edge of being finished. This way I wont get the request for SN 999 .
Old Sun 15 August 2010, 18:55
fredjr

pensacola florida
United States of America
control box

Metalhead: The box measures 28" high x 16.75" wide x 6.5" deep. The door has a raised section about 1' deep x14 wide x 18' high. Boy did I have fun today. Scorecard. Broken bits 0, fun , priceless. Thanks Jimmy
Old Sun 15 August 2010, 23:59
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Mike, your logic is sound . . . .my logic says: forget whatever doesn't affect cut quality, speed and cost!
Old Mon 16 August 2010, 17:57
sailfl

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Jimmy,

Congratulation on your machine being completed. Congratulations on Serial Number 65.

A little help from a fellow MM helps.
Old Mon 16 August 2010, 18:25
fredjr

pensacola florida
United States of America
Number

Nils:
Thanks, but #65 isn't here yet. I'm still making test cuts to work it out. I still have the fish that you cut for me in June of 2009 when I visited you. I compared the cuts that I made Saturday to your fish and I still need to make some adjustments.

Thanks,
Jimmy
Old Tue 17 August 2010, 03:49
sailfl

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Jimmy,

My machine was not cutting the way it should have been when I received my number. There is a learning curve to setting up the machine and for learning how to use it properly. Every time I cut some new material, I go through a process of figuring the best way to cut it.

I will be posting some pictures soon of a project I am just completing that is fun and has required some more learning.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts