MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Construction started, but not cutting yet
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sun 19 November 2017, 17:56
Father-of-Ash
Just call me: Bilal

Toledo, OH
United States of America
Ok, I failed again.
Impatience and assumptions + MM = fail.
I'm assuming once again that these motors should tear the meat off my hand if I attempt to hold them.....
There definetly was a difference in the Kelling being 200+ oz. More powerful, but still didn't do the job.
Dampers seem fine. If I go with a heavier or lighter capability I will probably end up in same scenario but in opposite directions.
So I'm hoping gear reduction should be able to handle it.
Old Sun 19 November 2017, 20:20
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
So are you saying you got your motors and still have an issue?
Old Sun 19 November 2017, 20:22
pblackburn
Just call me: Pete #98

South-Central Pennsylvania
United States of America
also remember that 200 in-oz is 200 ounces at 1 inch at maximum torque or 12.5 lb at 1 foot.
Old Sun 19 November 2017, 20:29
pblackburn

United States of America
I use a 880 oz-in motor for my z. I use a ball screw for mine and it is overkill but I already had it. Still even with that I have a extension spring to equalize the weight of the Z so it will not free fall. Re-familiarize yourself with the properties of a stepper motor. It sounds like it is a weight issue to me. That is why I asked if you helped assist the motor if it would rise. You are using the same computer/program/settings right?
Old Sun 19 November 2017, 20:30
pblackburn

United States of America
If you swapped the motor to your X or B axes (assuming they are the same motors) and they move that axis fine I would lean toward a weight issue. If you can't swap it with one of those then use the Y.
Old Sun 19 November 2017, 21:07
Father-of-Ash

Toledo, OH
United States of America
Yes Mike, same issue although not really an issue, I'm just expecting too much out of the motors.
Pete, first thing I should of done is refamiliarized, but my time is limited and I got impatient.
It would rise if I assisted it, but seemed way too weak of a motor, again just expecting much more, which is my fault.
I'm going to try other then McMaster Carr for a damper in closer range..
Pete, other then that, I'm gonna work on some reduction boxes using your files, just try and make them look sexier.
Old Mon 20 November 2017, 10:14
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Just so I understand. These motors move X & Y just fine?
Old Mon 20 November 2017, 11:39
Father-of-Ash

Toledo, OH
United States of America
Yes Mike, the pk299 move the x & y fine, but fairly close to skipping steps( very heavy gantry tubes + y-car stuff). Pk299 wasn't tough enough for the Z's either, that's why I thought I had motor issues. And the Z,s didn't seem too tough to pull back up/ push down... Again just complete ignorance on my part about the motors.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read