MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sun 15 September 2013, 22:21
RifRaf
Just call me: RifRaf

NSW
Australia
Hello all

Hi, have been looking at this project for a few weeks and decided to bite the bullet and start, am on the north coast of NSW AU and would be interested if there are others in the vicinity that have made or are making a mechmate.

Have got the plans and will next get the laser cut parts so I know what parts not to try and make, then spend the rest of the year getting the electronics together and working.

Currently driving a 4000x2100 router for a day job and nights working on 3D printers and robotics.

Looking forward to this project and hopefully becoming a contributing member of this forum in future times.
Old Mon 16 September 2013, 06:39
darren salyer
Just call me: Darren #101

Wentzville mo
United States of America
Welcome aboard!!
Old Mon 16 September 2013, 14:28
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Welcome!
Old Mon 16 September 2013, 14:31
paulus
Just call me: paul

jhb
South Africa
Hi and welcome
Old Sun 22 September 2013, 06:53
southernduckie
Just call me: Andrew (Duckie)

new south wales
Australia
welcome

Hi and welcome
Old Sun 14 June 2015, 20:07
RifRaf
Just call me: RifRaf

NSW
Australia
Still been collecting parts here. Electronics are working with mach3 for the kitchen bench project part. Using a 70Volt 800W PSU with 4 of the DM856 Drivers, a PDMX-122 BOB and 34HS9801 steppers. Just starting on the gear reduction for them.

Have all steel ready to chop up for table, just sourcing a few bearings etc to make the grinding skate to start attacking the steel. looks like I need bearing adapters for the laser cut gear plates to accept smaller bearings. Is there a bearing size that fits into the existing holes or does someone here supply the collar to weld in and make the bearing holder smaller?
Currently the pinion gear and Large pulley have an 8mm bore, should I bore this out to 12.5mm or would bearings that fit a 8mm shaft be ok or a bit weak?

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read