MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Computing, Software & Programming > Graphics & CAD
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 11 March 2011, 03:10
quadtech
Just call me: Prasad

Hyderabad
India
DraftSight

DraftSight is a no-cost 2D CAD from Dassault.
There was a news item that the Linux version is now available -

http://www.fcsuper.com/swblog/?p=2662
Old Tue 16 August 2011, 23:41
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
From http://www.3ds.com/products/draftsig...-cad-software/:

DraftSight now available: Free CAD software *

Welcome to a better way to create, edit and view DWG files – and the place to do it all.
Download our free CAD software * for Windows®, Mac® or Linux® and start working with your DWG files. Then start sharing, connecting and interacting with the 3DSwYm DraftSight™ community members.
DraftSight is a professional-grade, open 2D CAD product for users who want a better way to create, edit and view DWG files. DraftSight is easy to use and is available for professional CAD users, students and educators to download and activate for free.*
Based on an advanced architecture, DraftSight has a small footprint, should take a few minutes to download, and supports Microsoft® Windows XP®, Windows Vista®, Windows® 7 (General Release), Mac® and Linux®** (Mac and Linux currently in Beta).

*Standalone license. Activation required.
**DraftSight supports Ubuntu®, Fedora®, Suse®, and Mandriva®. For information regarding system requirements for DraftSight on Linux® please click here.
Old Wed 17 August 2011, 08:00
Richards
Just call me: Mike

South Jordan, UT
United States of America
The RPM package for Fedora (CentOS and other variants) has several dependencies (libraries) that are not part of a standard Linux install. For CentOS, it is not plug and play, but it looks promising.

(Since my CentOS computers are development systems that I use to develop software for my customers, I won't be adding the required libraries just in case they may cause cross platform issues for me or for my customers.)
Old Wed 24 August 2011, 06:29
alfred_j_kwak
Just call me: Jussi

Hämeenlinna
Finland
I have DraftSight running in my Ubuntu laptop without problems.
As far as I have noticed, all commands are same than in AutoCAD.
On the other hand I'm just novice CAD user.

-Jussi-

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read