MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 29 February 2008, 02:24
grandpi
Just call me: Pierre

Caussens
France
Indiana jones and the MAPLEX search !!!!

Thanks Doug.

Concerning the Maplex, (the very nice cnc product!) is like you're searching for the Graal ....

I have phone to Weidmann France and to Swiss : they don't know the product. The answer of the us provider : "....Thank you for your inquiry. Due to unprecedented demand for electrical products and worldwide shortage of the pressboard, Weidmann Electrical Technology is indefinitely suspending the manufacture of its Maplex product line.
We sincerely regret the inconvenience it may cause you.

Irene Goncharenko, Product Manager
irene.goncharenko@wicor.com ...."

I'm waiting news from french technical director of Weidmann France.

Bye,

Pierre
Old Fri 29 February 2008, 02:29
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Pierre,

It seems that the company has decided that their first product line is more important so they are going to stop production completely on the Maplex. Maplex looks like it is an excellent product. We can only hope that they add more capabiltiy.
Old Mon 03 March 2008, 09:07
grandpi

Caussens
France
Gazlift make the 4 motors wrong !! ....

Gerald,

As newbie, I realize a (big) problem on my machine. I used to use a 15 daN gaslift (thinking buying bigger spindle in few times !!) to balance 8,3 daN of my actual Z axis Mechmate. The result (!!) : 4 motors who ran bad (not fantastic) in 3 axis because of the max power asked by the Z axis (During x axis or y axis movements, the spindle at the bottom point raise up because of the lake of power of the Z motor) )!!!.

As beginner, I didn't realize yet the four motors didn't run separatly and shared the global power of the electronic card. I need to order a new 9 daN gaslift now.

Is it correct ???

Bye,

Pierre.

Last edited by grandpi; Mon 03 March 2008 at 09:13..
Old Mon 03 March 2008, 09:49
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Pierre, the first people to speak to are TechLF because they designed and supplied your control box.

Yes, it is important that the gaslift is the correct value. But it should not have an effect on all 4 motors.
Old Thu 20 March 2008, 04:31
grandpi

Caussens
France
Air treatment

I just would like to share this product reference to treat/quality improve Mechmate workshop air.
The price is quite low ....
My new gaslift works fine now ... Wait for Laurent Fouga (Techlf) visit next week ....

Pierre.

Ref : http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?....cWAT.m240.lVI
or
ref : http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...%3D4%26ps%3D42

Last edited by grandpi; Thu 20 March 2008 at 04:36..
Old Fri 04 April 2008, 09:25
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
I hear a little news that the Techlf visit went well and that wood was cut today. Of course we need the pictures
Old Sat 05 April 2008, 03:21
grandpi

Caussens
France
First test

Hi all, Hi Gerald,

This the first carving of my machine. Laurent had to do some changes on his software Isa4d because of the mechmate resolution which is a not an integer number (rack module 1). On the big machines he sell, he always have integer numbers resolution. So on next monday, everything will be ok. He was surprise by the 1/10ème precision of the Mechmate (me too !!). This test, A letter on vcarve, was just to test the repetability of the machine to "stay" in the same path ... I was a bit anxious concerning the smooth of the curve lines with direct drive motors but finally it was very good : thank you Vcarve !! ( so why use the expansive geared motors in the low cost process construction of the Mechmate ?) Next week will be the real beginning of my production. Photos will follow quickly .... Laurent want to push the machine on his limit and show that his electronic is the best (joke).... so some videos will come too.

Bye,

Pierre.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1erusinage.jpg (37.0 KB, 1268 views)

Last edited by grandpi; Sat 05 April 2008 at 03:38..
Old Sat 05 April 2008, 05:23
sailfl

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Pierre,

Congratulations. Looks like excellent cutting.
Old Sat 05 April 2008, 18:27
Doug_Ford
Just call me: Doug #3

Conway (Arkansas)
United States of America
Looking great Pierre. Feels good doesn't it?
Old Sat 05 April 2008, 21:52
javeria
Just call me: Irfan #33

Bangalore
India
Congrats Pierre,

Hope to see good videos on youtube!

Congratulations once again!

RGDS
irfan
Old Sun 06 April 2008, 11:32
Hugo Carradini
Just call me: Hugo

Pto. Ordaz
Venezuela
Hello Pierre.
Welcome to the new cutters club
You are going to be surprised with the capacities of the beast.
Enjoy
Old Tue 08 April 2008, 06:54
grandpi

Caussens
France
Table level problem.

Hello all, Hello Gerald.
Thank you for your comments.

After severals cuts, precision is there even after severals passage on the same path , dimensions are very good from vcarve to Mechmate, but a (big) problem is still there : On a 90cm mdf board lenght, for a drawing with 10mm deep, i have 4mm on the left of the board, no dig in the middle, 2 mm on the right of the board !!(exemple). In fact a big problem of table level or sacrifice board, i suppose.
Do you think i have to put in place a system of feet with a possibility to go up/dowm to find the right level of the Mechmate or do i need to make a complete level routing of the sacrifice table ?

Thanks,

Pierre.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photos-0092.jpg (89.6 KB, 1206 views)
File Type: jpg Photos-0091.jpg (89.1 KB, 1202 views)
Old Tue 08 April 2008, 07:11
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpi View Post
Do you think i have to put in place a system of feet with a possibility to go up/dowm to find the right level of the Mechmate or do i need to make a complete level routing of the sacrifice table ?
The standard procedure is to do a complete level routing of the whole sacrificial table. This is called "surfacing" the table, or to "surface" the table.

Off course, first check and see if you can find a reason for the 4mm difference. It might have been caused by welding, or differences in dimensions of your X-beams, or your rollers not riding correctly on the rails.

Check that the rails are straight and that the rollers run correctly, then surface the table and forget about the 4mm
Old Tue 08 April 2008, 07:14
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Pierre,
I believe if you have not leveled your sacrificial board, you must do this to ensure it is flat to the gantry. This might solve your height problem.

Gee I see Gerald has beat me to a more elaborate answer.

Last edited by domino11; Tue 08 April 2008 at 07:17..
Old Tue 08 April 2008, 07:38
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Where are the guys who think the steelwork under the table is too heavy? They should be reading here!

Our one table catches winter sun through the window in the morning and that moves the table up almost by 1mm as the wood/MDF expands on top of the steel cross-bearers. But a person can walk on the table and it goes down by less than that.
Old Thu 10 April 2008, 02:48
grandpi

Caussens
France
Gerald,

The Mechmate is fantastic after severals cuts and finally, after 3 weeks of difficulties, so easy to use!. Laurent has finished a special "Mechmate version" of isa4d to solve differents problems (he has taken off automatic Z level alert function for more precise machine for exemple to allow us to go throught the sacrifice board !!)). Everything works fine now... I have already jobs with customers i have as supervizor architect : some furnitures inside the project which take month to be finish with local wood craftmen delay ... First euros in few times ... Amazing !.

Thanks, Gerald.

Pierre.

Last edited by grandpi; Thu 10 April 2008 at 02:59..
Old Thu 10 April 2008, 08:56
Hugo Carradini
Just call me: Hugo

Pto. Ordaz
Venezuela
Score. Another happy fellow.
Old Wed 16 April 2008, 13:06
grandpi

Caussens
France
First decorative object

Hi everybody, Hi Gerald,

This is my first "business" object i'm going to propose to customer this weekend.... It is a abstract frame drawing who are going to be put in place around a interior wall square opening (8mm MDF).
It is nice now to talk of Mechmate built realisations and possibilities... and let technical problems away for a moment. Maybe a special section in your web site Gerald ?
The only problem i have to solve now, it is the positionning of the vcarve file precisely where i want on the mdf panels, to maximize the wood panel dimensions and not to loose too much material ...

At the moment, i have to stop the Mechmate, waiting for my air treating system : the "powder milk" dust of MDF cut has filled all my workshop and my lungs ask me to stop !.

I would like to thanks Paco too who makes me knowing the Mechmate forum, one year ago now ....

Bye,

Pierre.

Old Wed 16 April 2008, 15:35
Robert M
Just call me: Robert

Lac-Brome, Qc
Canada
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert M Send a message via Skype™ to Robert M
Félicitation Pierre,
Heureux de voir et savoir que le bonheur est arrivé !!
Best of luck with the future.
Amicalement, Robert
Old Thu 17 April 2008, 09:19
DMS
Just call me: Sharma #9 India

Rajasthan
India
Great Job, fascinating. Goodluck
Old Tue 19 August 2008, 11:34
grandpi

Caussens
France
Automatic job !!

Hello everyone, Hello Gerald,

Work quite a lot this summer with my Mechmate for customers (always think in my head 1,1hp is not enought for pro....!!)

In july, with Laurent we have added limit switches (x,y,z) + zero plate : what change !!!. The job is now nearly automatic ....I have sent a video on dailymotion : From origin to tool changing point then to zero plate then to origin and start the job without keyboard ! :
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6h...-switches_tech

Laurent has added too in the software a delay to heat the spindle before starting a session ...Important.

I finally decide not to be involved in building frame for other ... enought job for me as woodguy : i have contacted the French architect Association to present the Mechmate. I wait for their answer ...

Gerald, hope you will keep for me a number under ten for the first European Mechmate !

Bye,

Pierre.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photos-0128.jpg (50.1 KB, 980 views)

Last edited by grandpi; Tue 19 August 2008 at 11:43..
Old Tue 19 August 2008, 12:53
Robert M
Just call me: Robert

Lac-Brome, Qc
Canada
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert M Send a message via Skype™ to Robert M
Bonjour Pierre,

Félicitation !!
Thanks for sharing you video & updates. Wishing you all the best with this architect association, hope they will give you some contracts??
Amicalement, Robert
Old Tue 19 August 2008, 14:52
paco
Just call me: Paco

Québec
Canada
I wish I had this room on the side of the machining area on my SB. I could fit the fix Z-plate like you did. I had one some time ago but it was in the way.

Man that tool look fast on the rapids!? What's the control box/control software combo again?

Nice work Pierre!

Last edited by paco; Tue 19 August 2008 at 14:54.. Reason: Added comment on the rapids speed.
Old Tue 19 August 2008, 15:03
sailfl

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Pierre,

Congratulations and finishing your machine.

I hope that I am not too far behind you.
Old Tue 19 August 2008, 15:16
grandpi

Caussens
France
Control box/control software combo.

Paco,

I have a Techlf control box + proprietary control software : Isa4D. : http://www.techlf.com/isa4d.php3
Control box : http://www.techlf.com/boitier1500w_fr.php3

Bye,

Pierre.

Last edited by grandpi; Tue 19 August 2008 at 15:20..
Old Tue 19 August 2008, 15:41
grandpi

Caussens
France
Mechmate cut precision.

Just few words i have forgotten to tell to Gerald and friends : Laurent (electronic ingeneer) come to home to check the Mechmate precision (with laugh in mind thinking of the teeth/rack transmission and ideas from high-end cnc cutter builder he is ). Conclusion on two points with professionnal checking precision tool :

- Repetability (ycar who come back on his origin position several time) : precision 1/100ème mm !! each time.
- Cut precision : 1/10ème mm.

Who could say the Mechmate isn't precise ... Since this night, Laurent has started his project of plasma cutter ... with racks and pinions and maybe with some Mechmate details ....

Bye,

Pierre.

PS : Happy birthday Gerald with few weeks late !

Last edited by grandpi; Tue 19 August 2008 at 15:54..
Old Tue 19 August 2008, 15:45
grandpi

Caussens
France
Stickers

I will pay some $$$(Paypal) if someone could send me Mechmate stickers + shipping : I have no one around to do the job !.

Thanks,

Pierre.
Old Tue 19 August 2008, 18:19
liaoh75
Just call me: David

Taibao
Taiwan
Hi Pierre,

I am in Taiwan and have sign shops all over the place. I'd be happy to make a set for you as I'm going to be making a set as well. If you can tell me what height you want for each item, main beam, gantry, and y-car and quantity of each, I can get the vinyl letters made ready to apply.

I really like your setup; especially the limit on your Gantry. Does it act as your stop as well?
Old Tue 19 August 2008, 21:22
William McGuire
Just call me: Bill

Weiser, Idaho
United States of America
Congratulations on your fine work, Pierre...

Bill
Old Tue 19 August 2008, 22:44
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Thanks for the birthday greetings Pierre.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read