MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Computing, Software & Programming > Graphics & CAD
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 06 January 2010, 01:32
j_wizard
Just call me: J_wizard

Knoxville TN
United States of America
CAD Object auto Duplicate & Rearrangement? - (Nesting)

We are using Turbo Cad Drawing software to create drawings of objects to be sent to our CAM software DesKCNC to operate our Machine Tool Camp 4’ x 8’ CNC Router table.
Everything we have works as it was designed to. However there are two (2) or three (3) features that we NEED in a CAM program to make our system save us operating time.
Manual spacing of objects and rearranging them for the least waste per sheet takes to much time.
1. When Drawing/Dragging an Object/Symbol into the work area it would help if we could just specify how many of that object we needed cut and let the software duplicate the object for us.
2. The software should be able to automatically rearrange all the objects in the work area and create the proper spacing for the cutter to provide the most efficient use of material.
3. If the total of all the objects required for the projects exceed one sheet of raw material it would be great if the software could rearrange the objects over a number of 4’X 8’ sheets. This function could be optional. If we could achieve the first two (2) it would be a great help.
Does anyone know of a reasonable priced CAD program that would have the above functions?
Old Wed 06 January 2010, 01:57
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
What you are looking for is "Nesting". Search for CAD or CAM nesting.
Old Wed 06 January 2010, 06:38
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
I use Vectric V-Carve Pro and it does it very quickly and easily

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read