MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > After Building the Beast - Operating , Troubleshooting and Maintenance > The Show Room
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 21 May 2008, 17:23
ekdenton
Just call me: Ed #8

Alamogordo, NM
United States of America
little plaque I made

I did a little plaque for my wife, she is a park ranger at the White Sands Natl. Mon. I made if from some left over bubinga wood that I had used on a guitar. It looks really nice, but I can see some small flaws with the carving. The second cutt pass on the lettering was off slightly. I am not sure what caused that. I am in the shortest spring tension holes for the motor springs, wonder if it would help to tighten those up to the middle hole? Anything else I might check?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kathy's plaque.jpg (54.7 KB, 992 views)
Old Wed 21 May 2008, 17:59
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Ed,

It looks very nice.
Old Wed 21 May 2008, 19:12
Robert M
Just call me: Robert

Lac-Brome, Qc
Canada
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert M Send a message via Skype™ to Robert M
I can only imagine how your hart started racing when you saw the first « steps » of your new MM !!
Now, you fell joy after so many efforts inn for this new beast to work & at the same time worry about you little mishap &!?
Surly your wife will still be trill & grateful !

Wishing you success with your new toy.
That is… a toy only for grown boys
Robert
Old Fri 23 May 2008, 10:44
ekdenton
Just call me: Ed #8

Alamogordo, NM
United States of America
Thanks, I will either get some removable locktite or order the self locking ones, I sure don't need that to happen on an expensive wood project.

Cutting wonderfull now, it is amazing the detail that the vcarve did on the park service logo trees , mountain, and arrowhead. Lettering is good now also. A little final sanding and a tung oil finish and it will be ready.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00079 (2).JPG (105.4 KB, 992 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00080.JPG (100.6 KB, 995 views)

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read