MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > The Market Place
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 03 September 2008, 08:32
kotys2
Just call me: George

Moscow
Russia
Help me to choose a foam cutting CNC machine!

Hello.I'am new in your forum but i have a big problem.2 months ago i start to search a cnc foam router,but i find only a small machines.I want to start a new bussines to make sculptures and architectural design and etc, so i need a machine with working area about x-3000mm y-2000mm and z-1500-2000mm.Please can anyone help me to find some companies to buy that machine only one that i find is 3dcutting . com but i can't take a decision because their machine is 80 000USD and i must pay and 8000 shiping to russia and without machine garanty and etc.Please if someone have any suggestions lets write!!!!I have about 50000 EURO for machine and i only have to find it to start my new bussines.Thanks very much.

PS:Sorry for a post but i don't know where exacly put it, and sorry for my english.
Old Wed 03 September 2008, 12:51
Richards
Just call me: Mike

South Jordan, UT
United States of America
George,

Many CNC operators "slice" large 3-D parts instead of trying to cut the entire piece at one time. When you realize that the spindle and the Z-axis mechanism interfere with deep Z-axis cuts, you'll see that cutting many layers 20mm at a time is often the more practical approach.

There are several (high-priced) software programs that have "slicing" capabilities.
Old Wed 03 September 2008, 13:26
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Meshcam is only $175 and has a slicing facility.

Here is a foam project posted at ShopBot today - it was done with a low height gantry and slicing. More examples
Old Wed 03 September 2008, 17:33
isladelobos
Just call me: Ros

Canary Islands
Spain
Send a message via MSN to isladelobos Send a message via Yahoo to isladelobos
This is a idea for a 3D foam cutter, is very simple.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg idea.jpg (12.9 KB, 335 views)

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read